weird throttle issue

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
just swapped controllers on my spare ebike because the one aliexpress sent me had no PAS. The new one does. The one I replaced works fine and has instant throttle response when turned.
However after getting the new one up and running and everything wired up identically except for the extra PAS, the throttle or power doesnt kick in until 2 twists of the throttle. When l twist it fully there is no motor movement then the second twist makes the motor and bike move normally.
The throttle was not changed at all.
Any ideas?? Thanks a lot!!

Throttles are not twisting two turns. It should normally twist half a turn at the most, usually 1/3. Broken mechanically, or the return stopper slipped and it might be fixable.

MadRhino said:
Throttles are not twisting two turns. It should normally twist half a turn at the most, usually 1/3. Broken mechanically, or the return stopper slipped and it might be fixable.

Hi yeah i reworded it wrong, When I twist it once, however far it goes, there is no movement until I twist it a second time
But it works fine with the other controller..very strange

MadRhino said:
... and the PAS does work fine?

I unplugged ot in case that was the problem but it didnt help. When pas was connected it also didnt work so maybe i have ro adjust the sensor.

On the first full turn, i shouldnt say that there is no signal..it just ramps up very slowly from slow to fast. Takes a few seconds. But on the second turn the throttle response is there instantly. I swapped throttles to a new one and same problem. Thinking its a controller issue

Did you ride the bike on PAS, or just plugged/unplugged it ?

Are you sure of the connectors? I mean you did not mix PAS and Throttle.

Is the problem consistent, doing the same every time ?

MadRhino said:
Did you ride the bike on PAS, or just plugged/unplugged it ?

Are you sure of the connectors? I mean you did not mix PAS and Throttle.

Is the problem consistent, doing the same every time ?

The wires are marked from the factory..i followed those.
I tried riding but the pas isnt working..not sure if its the controller or pas itself.
controller is brand new and so is the pas, but its an aliexpress pas. i heard that it needs to be installed perfectly for it to activate. not sure though

Back