QS 6kw 273 V3 45H with Votol EM-150

Hey everyone, glad I found this site. I'm having some issues with my E-Global GSR. I just popped in a 6kw 273 V3 45H 17x3.5. I have a Votol EM-150 in right now. I've been dealing with it cutting out under heavy load. I've gotten it warm after some riding last night, while changing settings it stopped cutting out. I was happy. The bike was cold, and it started cutting out again today. I know the hub is over powered for the controller, and my battery is a 40ah lithium with what I think is a 100a Daly BMS. Any info to help fix this issue would be great. Thank you in advance.

Hey everyone, glad I found this site. I'm having some issues with my E-Global GSR. I just popped in a 6kw 273 V3 45H 17x3.5. I have a Votol EM-150 in right now. I've been dealing with it cutting out under heavy load. I've gotten it warm after some riding last night, while changing settings it stopped cutting out. I was happy. The bike was cold, and it started cutting out again today. I know the hub is over powered for the controller, and my battery is a 40ah lithium with what I think is a 100a Daly BMS. Any info to help fix this issue would be great. Thank you in advance.

A 100a bms will cut the power under load as the votol is asking for 150a - due to the bigger motor wanting more.
You can either:
Do a BMS bypass - depending on your battery capability
or
Lower the max amps to 100a in the votol software.

hope this helps

Jonno

It’s an old question now but i’ll answer anayway :D

Could be several issues so it’s a difficult question.

I’d try bypassing the BMS as a first check to see if it’s cutting the power.
Second could be switching to second set of halls (i think that motor comes with dual hall sets?)
Third could be to do some trials with different phase angle setting, from -5 to -10 up to -20 and +5, +10 up to +20 (from the setting you have now)
Fourth could be to do an isolation test between phases and motor axle and casing. Use a 250V setting for this on the isolation tester, should be enough.
Fifth could be to try with and without field weakening
Sixth could be to swap controller :wink:

Back