Sabvoton error 02H

Eastwood

100 kW
Edit: problem solved, read below.

So I’m getting this error code 02H while applying full throttle and only when the rear wheel strikes some tree roots or something like that causes up spring. This code never happens if I ride on the street. It only happens when I’m riding off road and I’m giving full throttle and the back wheel is bouncing over roots or a ditch or something and it cuts out instantly. I had the same exact set up with my Mxus 3k 5T And it never cut out never. I’m not sure why the QS205 motor is doing this and it Has to be something within the controller. I have considered maybe the wires are pinched near the axle or something but my guess it’s something with one of the settings in the controller and I can’t figure it out. I mean I’m still able to ride like normal I just have to be careful when I see big roots because I know it will cut the motor out if I get up spring while applying full power. Sidenote this does not happen when I lower my power setting down to say even 60% it doesn’t cut out so it only happens at full power during the rear wheel/motor striking roots or a ditch…

Maybe you guys have had similar experiences or could shed some insight. I’m planning to hit some ATV trails today and would love to not have to worry about this dang 02H code

Thanks Guys!

I can’t find a definite answer but it seems like error 02H is a over volt error code. Can anyone confirm this?

Road again today on the ATV trails and the motor still cuts out-error 02H- if the rear wheel strike something hard when full throttle is engaged. I don’t know why hitting the rear wheel has anything to do with an over voltage error but somehow it’s related :confused:

I’ve tweaked many settings and tried different things but still getting the same result.

I’ve also noticed that my regen turns on randomly even when I have it turned off. Maybe I’m having some software issues with my sabvoton. It’s weird I turn the region off it wasn’t working all day and then halfway through my ride going down a hill it just randomly kicked in and started from there. Check the settings Yep it’s still turned off. Maybe these things are related because it’s firmware but it could be a coincidence two separate issues.

Problem solved!
Maybe this will be helpful to someone else out there with error 02H. My controller is sabvoton 7280

So first off it was a over current error!
So typically I have the settings turned all the way up to max phase amps and max DC amps, 80a battery, 200phase amps.

So as of recent I’ve started doing more Enduro riding on dirt bike trails AVT trails and this is when I started to encounter the problem. As explained above I was getting this error code while applying full throttle while in max power level accompanied with the rear wheel striking a tree root or bouncing hard into a ditch.

So last night after a long time of messing with the settings I simply lowered the max battery amps down to 70 instead of 80, then for the max phase amps I lowered it down to 150 instead of 200. Now I do not get this error code under the same conditions.

So it’s basically just a firmware protection not allowing the controller to output 80 battery amps or 200 phase amps while under heavy load. It’s kind of silly I know the controller can handle it. It seems like since I have a 7280 controller they would set the protection slightly higher so that you could use the maximum of the controller right? Also sidenote this error did not occur until I used the QS205V3 6T. With my last motor/hub motor MXUS 3K 5T I never had any cut outs even off road while using max phase amps and max battery amps.

Well I’m happy to get this solved! And yes I will be getting a more powerful controller. Will order the unlocked sabvoton 72200 :mrgreen:
As I actually need more phase amps to get up some of the elevation climbs I’m doing on these Enduro trials.

Edit: I haven’t seen to sort out the random regen just turning on when the settings are turned off. I will note this never happened until I used the PC version to adjust the settings, as it’s an updated version and it has more options. So sometimes when switching back between Bluetooth app and PC app the dang regen gets turned on even though it’s still switch off on both. It’s just a weird glitch.

And before I order a new controller maybe I should try overclocking this one..
would definitely be a lot cheaper just to add a couple 8gauge wire inside the controller instead of spending $500-ish on a new one

I also have a 7280 and am having the cut out issues AND the regen comes on, while I have it all turned off.

But I'm only running a 52v battery at 50a, so I'm not sure how I can be hitting any voltage protection. Maybe I have my phase amps too high.

This error code is actually for controller protect. It turns the bike off because the controller thinks it was either in a crash or was hit with something like a rock. I have the same controller issue sometimes when I go over something tough.

boyntonmma said:
This error code is actually for controller protect. It turns the bike off because the controller thinks it was either in a crash or was hit with something like a rock. I have the same controller issue sometimes when I go over something tough.

Interesting; I have not yet seen any controllers (myself or posted about) with a vibration/shock sensor or accelerometer in them.

I don't suppose anyone has some pics of the internals of the specific controllers that give this error, to locate the sensor that detects this?

If it is located, the sensor could be bypassed if it is a simple shock sensor (spring/pin, etc), by either shorting across it or disconnecting it (depending on if it is an NC or NO type).

If it's an accelerometer, that would be more difficult, unless the controller does not throw an error / fault out / shutdown if it can't talk to it. In that event, simply cutting the communication line to/from the sensor would prevent the system from detecting / responding to it.

FWIW, the manual from MQCON / siaecosys says that in their app, "fault" 2 is " overVolt -- Battery over volt fault", charge on page 13:
http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/201912/2019120457636889.pdf
I couldn't find anything in it that describes an error corresponding to bump/crash/etc faults or a reference to a sensor for this.

Question: Are you certain there is no poor connection anywhere in the battery or motor phase wires / connectors, either inside the controller or between it and the battery or motor, or inside the battery or motor, that could momentarily become higher resistance than it should be, causing a voltage spike (or drop) in the system when it experiences sufficient shock load?

boyntonmma said:

I turned my phase amps right down, and I'm not getting the error anymore, Its something about impacts...maybe wheel spin, which makes it error. I'm road riding/foot paths, but we have some rough foot paths where they transition to driveways or roads. I havnt noticed wheel spin when it cuts out, but its possible the rear while is momentarily in the air before it impacts. Its all too fast for me to actually notice a physical thing before it cuts out. My wheel isnt in the air and freely spinning before it hits the ground again and cuts out. Some how big bumps and phase amps are related. My battery isnt pushing this controller anywhere near the limit. Its a 52v battery with maybe 60-70amp peak. Its 40A constant. I turned my phase amps right down and it seems to have disappeared, as well as my acceleration, BUT peak watts are still over 3k. I still have the top speed and the acceleration after a certain point.

the regen still comes on according to the gear I'm in, but if I'm in 5 it rarely comes on, it seems to be set to come on after a certain time and a certain speed according to the gear you are in.

Back