need controller advice please

acesx

10 µW
hi hi,
I need help finding the right controller/display combo.
I have a 1000w hub motor 48v and want to hit 35mph . I know I want a programmable controller I've looked and found so many answers ,I'm unsure what to choose...
any definitive advice would be so very very welcome ...

.....help me endless-sphere community, your my only hope ....

thanks!

acesx said:
hi hi,
I have a 1000w hub motor 48v and want to hit 35mph . I know I want a programmable controller I've looked and found so many answers ,I'm unsure what to choose...

thanks!

The first thing you need to determine is if your motor can hit 35mph on 48V (or 54.6V fully charged). Depending on the motor winding, it may or may not be able to run that fast without going to a higher voltage. Do you have any information more specific regarding your motor (links, pics, etc.)?

I have a 1000W hub that will go 23mph at 52V. I currently run 72V, and hot off the charger and with field weakening, I can just eek out 40mph. I've tried 92V, but didn't try a top speed test, but I'm guessing I'd get a couple more mph.

K. what please give us a leg up and the picture and what kind of motor controller combo you have and what battey; you're using voltage in a hour and maybe a link so you know to look up what quality of battery you have.; help us help you ..

acesx said:
hi hi,

thanks!

i got an Oem ried1up core 5 with upgraded battery capacity (48v 30ah), controller(KT 25a) and display(lcd7c) and can reach 30mph stock. it's a 500w nominal geared motor that is pulling 1100w and climbs hills like a king.

i say if you want to hit 35mph, you would need to upgrade your battery voltage to 72v 20ah and a controller at 30a and then go from there. i'm sure you would hit close to your goal if not exceeded it. :D

typically to hit 35 mph, the type motor used in most 48v 1000w kits needs 30-40 amps of 60v. That gets you 35 mph out the door, then slower as the voltage of the battery drops along the way.

To get 35 mph out of those DD motors the whole ride, you need 40 mph out the door, using a 40 amps, 72v controller. That will still go 35 mph after 5-6 miles of riding full throttle. 10 ah is a good size for the battery, using RC lipo. If you go much bigger, it gets real bulky and heavy, and risks melting the motor if you ride full throttle much farther than 10 miles. So a 72v 10 ah battery runs out just about the time you need to be stopping.

As for display, lots of the larger controllers come without any display. You can add a watt meter or voltmeter to it though.

thank you guys for all the informed replies...I will get all my motor info together ..I just wanted to say thank you now .... because I'm lagging on info sure...but can't lag on being appreciative!

Back