Need to make cardboard template battery fit

c97459

1 µW
How are people making sure battery will fit on the down tube? Is there a source for template to check for fit?
Thanks Chuck Oregon

For custom battery fit (for examle odd triangle shapes with bends),
*)I take a photo of the triangle.
*)I then find then measure one of the sides as accurately as possible (to 1/8" accuracy).
*)I import photo of triangle into Microsoft Visio
*)Using known length of measured triangle side, I set scale of new Visio triangle to match actual picture scale&dimensions.
*)I create scale cell holder template....simply use a caliper to measure actual distance each cell takes including cell holder.
*)Now I can build pack in software that fits the scale triangle.
*)Be sure to stagger stacked rows of cell-holder "squares" in same fashion actual plastic cell-holders stagger when they are attached to each other.
*)Lay strips over top of each cell group to represent welding strips.
*)To make opposite side.....group all items.....flip it on virtical edge...this is the other side of pack. Now layout welding strips for this side.
*) Now simply print each side (Be sure it prints scale: for each inch actual printed output is same as one-inch of scale drawing.
*)Cut scale printout (might be multiple pages...need to tape together) along each side of pack.
*)Lay/tap printout on top of material used for pack case you will be using (this pack case is 1/16" aluminum)
*)Cut material to exact shape by tracing saw along edge.
*)Complete pack triangle box using your selected material and fasteners.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg

I had a em3ev bag and had a battery build 20s6p and change 18650 to 21700 cell and just the measurements for fit. When delivered it couldn't fit . It took months to find someone to add a peice. Measure twice cut once. Good luck.
I have at least eight different mock-ups of different batteries than battery sizes to see how they fit is a must have an idea. plus make sure you have room to put your controller and if you're using a rear hub make sure that oversized nut for the motor can fit next to the derailleur.

Back