This is how I fit a custom battery to complicated bike triangle.

pullin-gs

1 kW
For custom battery fit (for examle odd triangle shapes with bends),
*)I take a photo of the triangle.
*)I then find then measure one of the sides as accurately as possible (to 1/8" accuracy).
*)I import photo of triangle into Microsoft Visio
*)Using known length of measured triangle side, I set scale of new Visio triangle to match actual picture scale&dimensions.
*)I create scale "square" representing cell-holder width....simply use a caliper to measure actual distance each cell takes in holder.
*)Now I can build pack in software that fits the scale triangle.
*)Be sure to stagger stacked rows of cell-holder "squares" in same fashion actual plastic cell-holders stagger when they are attached to each other.
*)For last pack I built (12S4P), I created 12 of 4-cell-rows of images and moved them around to fit inside Visio triangle....several of the 4P groups had odd (not straight line of cells) configurations to accomidate odd shape of triangle.
*)I also added in the controller into the mix since it will go inside of the same triangle box used for pack.
*)Lay strips over top of each cell group to represent welding strips.
*)Duplicate slide.....group all items.....flip it on virtical edge...this is the other side of pack. Now layout welding strips for this side.
*)Done with software build.
*) Now print each side (Be sure it prints scale: for each inch actual printed output is same as one-inch of scale drawing.
*)Build actual pack.
*)Cut scale printout (might be multiple pages...need to tape together) along each side of pack.
*)Lay/tap printout on top of material used for pack case you will be using (this pack case is 1/16" aluminum)
*)Cut material to exact shape by tracing saw along edge.
*)Complete pack triangle box using your selected material and fasteners.
*)Insert pack...be sure to have good insulation on each side of pack....I use mylar tape over cell ends and 1/16" nylon cutting board between pack and box walls.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg

Back