vendors inside of eu

chefen_af_virring said:
What does this have to do with the question?

The 1 poster is a bot, trying to get higher ranking on search engines with people clicking on the link, or the link is a virus most likely.

For your question, if a trusted vendor ships 5KW rear hub motors from inside eu I would say there is a reseller of new, and maybe a person selling a used 5kw motor on the rare occasion. The 5kw's require wider dropouts then the 3kw motors. The first place to check is Amazon or Ebay with a distance from filter, but then it would come back to trusting the vendor but you know you can trust the platforms, the asian platforms not so much trusted but there are plenty of trustworthy sellers on those asian platforms. I do not know what other selling/buying platforms there are, is Craigslist even active, Facebook Marketplace is popular would be a place to look at for local or nearby. You could post wanted ads or post a group buy which used to be popular here on endless sphere but for a new guy it would be hard versus an old timer.

Your best bet is to buy new from China from a trusted selling vendor and pay the vat and import taxes otherwise your waiting a long time always searching.

Thanks i will be buying from amazon or ebay as i didnt find much on fb marketplace and the import fees for things over 175$ is 75% of total price

chefen_af_virring said:
Thanks i will be buying from amazon or ebay as i didnt find much on fb marketplace and the import fees for things over 175$ is 75% of total price

What is your application a bicycle, box bike, motorbike, banana, quad, golf cart?

calab said:
chefen_af_virring said:

What is your application a bicycle, box bike, motorbike, banana, quad, golf cart?
A bicycle for comuting school and work

chefen_af_virring said:
A bicycle for comuting school and work

With a 5kW motor?

That's not a bicycle, son.

I know but i just tought my 1500w wasnt "enough" i just want faster acceleration and what is best for torque many or few turns?

chefen_af_virring said:
I know but i just tought my 1500w wasnt "enough" i just want faster acceleration and what is best for torque many or few turns?

What 1500W system (motor, controller, battery) do you have now?

[/quote]

What 1500W system (motor, controller, battery) do you have now?
[/quote]

I have a no name china motor from a dropshipper pn aliexpress kunray to be exact i use a kelly kbs-x 72v 40 a set to 60% power roughly 1.7KW and i made my own battery of samsung inr 20r m 18650 cells in 20s 5p can output roughly 80A continius

But i am currently waiting for the bike shop to fix my wheel the rim snapped while riding thankfully i was only 3 km/1.8 mile from home

I dont know what the parameters are exept it has a no load rpm on 36v of 414 and 74,6NM of torque so what motor should i use

You need to find out what your setup is so you can dial what you already have in, if you want more speed, amps, torque or watts even just 500-1kw more can make a world of difference.

Battery specs
Controller specs
Motor specs
Motor type
Wheel size

chefen_af_virring said:
I dont know what the parameters are exept it has a no load rpm on 36v of 414 and 74,6NM of torque so what motor should i use

I am trying to contact seller but he does not know anything more than rpm and torque
But i think there was a serial number on it i will check when i get the motor back from the shop

SlowCo said:
Then dial the controller up to full potential. That "1500W" hub motor can take a lot more amps for short acceleration bursts. And should be able to sustain 2500W for longer periods.
Check out the Grin calculator:https://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html

got it set to 100% with boost enabled i have run it like this for 2 weeks now i dont know how it can handle 7.7KW for over 10 minutes but its fast

chefen_af_virring said:
got it set to 100% with boost enabled i have run it like this for 2 weeks now i dont know how it can handle 7.7KW for over 10 minutes but its fast

Great result then :thumb:
Check the temperature of the motor and controller regularly when using that much power for longer runs. Especially if the outside air temps get higher. And check out "Statorade" / Ferrofluid for cooling hubmotors.

Back