Which is the better controller between the two?

fatboy72

1 mW
For those who have knowledge of these two controllers please let me know which ones is better?

1. KT-35A, 1000w - 1500w dual modes square wave.
2. ZL Motor 30a 1000w sine wave.

TIA

fatboy72 said:
For those who have knowledge of these two controllers please let me know which ones is better?

1. KT-35A, 1000w - 1500w dual modes square wave.
2. ZL Motor 30a 1000w sine wave.

TIA

Can you provide links?
Can we assume that both controllers have the features you're looking for?

Yes, both have the features that I need.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32608546052.html?gatewayAdapt=Pc2Msite&spm=a2g0n.store_m_allProduct.allProducts_11002613.32608546052

But in 1000w 30a

2. KT-35A
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005002109964534.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.32d6DoHVDoHVTV&browser_id=68a067a4bf244f058bcf2f9c3999f799&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=00117e5dc2c26014babfa7517aada4c921f0bfd6e1&gclid=

Assuming identical specs, my answer would depend on the number of parameters able to be adjusted to my riding style, what the compatible displays looked like, and maybe the biggest, whether the ZL offers the power based PAS that KT offers.

Past all that, is support. Who knows anything about ZL?

Not even close here. It would be KT without hesitation....

Agreed, not much heard about ZL. Their PAS is on/off type. It's has 3 speeds rocker control. It's doesn't have a display. The rest is same as KT-35A.

Other than that, only different is ZL is sine wave and this KT-35A is square wave.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

fatboy72 said:
Agreed, not much heard about ZL. Their PAS is on/off type. It's has 3 speeds rocker control. It's doesn't have a display. The rest is same as KT-35A.

Other than that, only different is ZL is sine wave and this KT-35A is square wave.

KT makes both square and sine wave in all sizes. It's just something that needs to be on your list when shopping for one. Sine will be the same or nearly the same in price.

I guess sine wave should be better than dual mode square wave.

Thanks

fatboy72 said:
I guess sine wave should be better than dual mode square wave.

Thanks

Not sure how you reached that conclusion since the advantages of sine wave weren't part of your criteria. Sine wave vs square wave don't have to do with quality, since you could still buy a crappy built sine wave or a decent built square wave controller. Sine wave will be quieter, but marginally less efficient, so there's a trade off. Implementing sine wave commutation is more expensive, so the cost will be higher, but a lot of people value silence. None of this matters to you, since you said both meet your criteria.

If you search the forum, you'll find a lot on the subject. Take a look at a few of Justin's/Grin's posts since there are some graphs from testing. Even for the sound, different sine wave controller will be better than others, since virtually all "sine wave" controllers have a simulated sine wave. My KT sine wave is quieter than my PowerVelocity sine wave, but not enough to be a deciding factor, for me. The best controller will be FOC commutation, dead silent and most efficient at all speeds. But again, none of this fits into your criteria, so should factor into your decision.

I'd say there are people that would value the dual mode feature and would trade off the sine wave vs square and decide on that feature instead.

@E-HP, thanks for the information about the square wave and sine wave.

It's help me to understand better.

To me, PAS response is important, and I wonder how it would work on a 35A controller with no display and presumably little ability to control it.

It would be a KT controller for me, and they do have higher current sine wave models. Just hard to find.

Of course KT is better. If you use a KT controller, then you must use a KT display.
This link seems to sell better.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000423707519.html

Steven Sheng said:
Of course KT is better. If you use a KT controller, then you must use a KT display.
This link seems to sell better.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000423707519.html

Depends on what you mean by better, or more importantly, what the OP means by better.

If better relative to quality, KT is a known brand and usually has decent documentation available, so nod goes to KT
If better relative to the OP's specs, Either, since both meet his requirements
If better relative to someone else's specs, then could be Either
If better relative to price, the ZL wins, if you need to buy a display (doubling the cost) to get the additional features, including control of PAS levels

For me, I wouldn't buy the KT since I can't stand a noisy ebike, but I can understand people placing a higher weight on the other features, especially if noise isn't an issue.

Back