5 Reasons to Buy a Cargo E-bike

calab

1 MW
What comes to mind from title only and not reading the post is

1) If you have lots of big, heavy items you need to transport

2) You have children

Thats about it.

Now I will read the post and comment on that.
OK Owner of website selling his wares, got it.
Oh yeah the dog, well that would fall into the my #2 category, pets are children.

Eco Friendly, I dont know about that part. Be better if they werent motorized, be healthier to.
But I get the point, if they were not motorized then they would be less inclined to ride it.
Everything else is jibberish, you can customize anything, business? what businesses are people starting that they require a cargo bike. Then what about winter and snow half the country see's every single year in the USA.

Nice sales pitch, but I liked the title and its worth having a conversation about that.

calab said:
What comes to mind from title only and not reading the post is

1) If you have lots of big, heavy items you need to transport

2) You have children

Thats about it.

That's not why people buy a two seater convertible, and the average convertible coupé can carry more stuff than the average cargo bike.

I feel like my regular bikes (with luggage) can carry as much as a person on foot, give or take. My cargo bike can carry about half as much stuff as a shopping cart, and if I add a small trailer I can fill up the shopping cart.

I don't think that really qualifies as "lots of big heavy items"; it's just basic transportation that you can use on a daily basis.

Preaching to the choir but I suppose this spam is tolerated. Maybe the first post can be deleted and it still becomes a good thread.

Nicest thing about shopping by any kind of bike, is parking by the door. Also making multiple trips a week, giving you an excuse to ride more.

Another Advantage:
Cargo bikes generally have a longer length between the the rear axle and the bottom bracket (as well as the rider). This can improve the handling of a less than optimal riding surface.

Back