torque sensor conversion kit alternatives

gothicsurf

10 mW
I am posting here in general regarding a hub motor conversion kit project employing a toque sensor drive. Until recently I have planned on the tried-and-true route of a CA3 interface, however with the premium involved, I have reluctance dealing with the clunky computer form factor. This is also because the ultimate goal is a pedelec build sans throttle / screen with only an assist level adjustment switch. Grin is working on a CA3 bypass with their v4 baserunner but to my knowledge have not finished the software.

Essentially the idea with this post was to ask about any positive experience with an Eunorau ebike conversion as an alternative to a CA3 torque sensor build. Available on their website is a controller / screen / torque sensor kit that seems to be suited to a modest 36V motor and battery. I am not looking for major assist and so think the power capacity of this controller would likely be sufficient. Otherwise any positive reviews on other alternatives to the CA3 for a hub drive torque sensing system?

Back