0 feedback ebayers keep bidding on my e dirt bike?

jimmyhackers

10 kW
never had this happpen to me before on ebay.

only with my mini dirt bike.

i keep putting it up for sale (many times now), and i always get a random user with 0 feedback bidding.

i give them 48hours to message me confirming the validity of their bid. but none reply.
suffice to say every one is blocked from my future auctions.

each user seems to of started ebay on jan of this year and has 0 feedback.

i get the feeling im being trolled......but seeing as evey account is about 6 months old with no feedback and different names.....
someone would of had to of made a lot of ghost accounts.

any ideas why this is happening to me?

Do you have a link to your sale? If its for sale you could have posted a topic thread here too...This is a forum with a for sale section

and 19x people have viewed this post and have no idea what bike you are selling, just reading your complaints about a website that is not this one is not too helpful really

It may be another seller trying to block your item from competing with theirs.

Somewhere deep in the feebay settings you can stipulate the minimum number of feedbacks someone must have to bid or buy from you. I've been hit by competitors too with that same scam. What they do is make multiple throwaway accounts that are rarely or ever used. Recently I got a buyer with just 2 transactions since 2015 and of course they never paid for the item and I had to relist.

I think I'll change mine to at least 5.

i did think this was another seller trying to block my sales.

ive changed my feedbcak requirement (the setting was well hidden)

i wonder if its a company or just a random person. for the amount of times its happened i guess its a company.

goddamit.

i ban all zero feedback users and i now i have a profile with feedback who bid and won but wll not relply.

ARGH!!!

99 cent/ no reserve auction used to produce best $$ outcome for sellers. No more. Believe best strategy now is fixed price listing with best offer turned on …

What are you going to do when the bike sells, is paid for and ships, then the buyer complains the bike won't work as advertised (take your pick of a hundred different reasons, even if you mention this defect in your add), isn't as nice as advertised, or some other BS reason, and E-bay freezes your money then forces you to arrange for the return of the bike - at YOUR expense - for a full refund under their buyer protection program?

Selling stuff like this on ebay is suicidal. A REALLY bad plan. You have 0 recourse, can't even leave a bad review.

im beginingg to think the same.

i half wish i never posted my links to the pages on this sites "for sale" section.

its a prime place for competing sellers to see who, what, where and how they can mess you up.

last bidder, well first one with more than zero feedback was called 1992 mitch webb. (isnt responding)

googled mitch webb and bike......found a bikeshop in swindon called mitchells cycles. run by a mr mitch and a mr webb.

cant imagine why theyd have a reason to do so....they live miles away from me and im hardly competition.

oh well, at least now zero feedback users and ones with unpaid item strikes are now banned from my auctions.......maybe ill hve more luck.

AHicks said:
What are you going to do when the bike sells, is paid for and ships, then the buyer complains the bike won't work as advertised (take your pick of a hundred different reasons, even if you mention this defect in your add), isn't as nice as advertised, or some other BS reason, and E-bay freezes your money then forces you to arrange for the return of the bike - at YOUR expense - for a full refund under their buyer protection program?
I had a sale that went just about exactly like this, although the buyer was not trying to rip me off... he was just unbelievably clueless and unaware of this fact. It was a nightmare. I think post-sale I ended up with something like 2 dozen messages to the guy. Thankfully he never tried to undo the sale but friends who knew better warned me about how easy it was for him to do it without recourse on my end. I'd have had to refund AND pay for return shipping.

Never again.

ive gone to facebook marketplace now instead.

its colection only and cash on collection....so maybe safer than ebay.

or not?

well.... i have to say facebook marketpace for the win.
nearly 2000 views in 2 days... thing is sold.

person came, payed cash, left happy.

I'll have to look into it. I loathe Facebook, but I have this 2004 GTO I need to get rid of . . .

Craigslist just brings out the cranks.

im not a facebook fan either.... a few tyre kickers. people asking "how much?" despite a quite clearly posted advert price.

for reference i posted the 26" full suspension ebike ive made to sell the same day on facebook.
its had under 100 views, and not a single message :(

i guess "dirt bike" is a more searched ebay thing

Back