Dual Wheel?

So I had a thought. I finally fixed and resoldered on a new hall sensor board on my old 1000w hub motor when I got into a wreck after I emailed the company and let them know about what happened. Bonus, they even mailed me another 1000w controller and a new hall sensor board as well! But now i'm thinking. I just have the motor hub, but no wheel with a ring of magnets in it. If I were to buy a new rim to house my old hub in and hooked the new controller to it, and then hooked those two up to my bike along with connecting them to my existing battery, can't they function just as normal if they're on their own controller, but both share the same battery? I did overhear a few times about someone saying the rear wheel is stuck at full throttle and I need some "remote shunt and cycle analyst"..

(Basically saying, putting the old motor I had on the rear and having both front and rear drive.)

Currently, my bike is a FWD 1000w hub motor along with a 1000w controller able to support 1200w+(I keep it limiter to pull 1200w max, but it can go much higher than that) along with a 52v 17.5Ah battery.

Yes.
Search the forum for 2wd (2 wheel drive), you will find lots of material.

Commonly done with two hubmotors (or front hubmotor plus midrive), two controllers, one throttle, and a battery robust enough to feed the two motors at the same time.

Back