US Vendors - Tongsheng Tsdz2 & upgrading to VLCD6

I bought my mid drive Tongsheng Tsdz2 and installed it recently. I love everything about it aside from the large display in the middle. I'd rather have something low profile. I originally ordered from pswpower but they say the only kits they ship from the US are VLCD5. So I'd have to buy a motor kit with the VLCD5 (they said no discounts for not including a screen) and then buy a separate $30 VLCD6 shipped from China. They offer a great price I feel - around $290 for the motor.

Additionally, if I upgrade my current bike to a $30 VLCD6 controller I believe I'll need a wire convertor that goes from 8 pin to 6 pin. I'm just seeing if anyone has any other reliable inexpensive options for vendors.

Perhaps unrelated, but is it ok to add a lot of weight via groceries or anything else on the back of a 36v hub motor?

Sorry for this thread. I just ended up buying from pswpower again for the motor with the 6 pin VLCD5 controller. I'll probably just end up finding two VLCD6 controllers on aliexpress or psw unless someone wants to sell me theirs :wink:

Back