setting up my controller

thelilz

1 µW
I have a 84v 3000w 80a jiangsu wuxi bull brushless controller and i just put it on my e bike w a 3000w motor. i was looking to set the parameters(which i have never done on a controller b4) but i cant even find any info about that controller on the webpage for that company. any advice for this beginner?

You change parameters using the display. What display are you using?

I would be bluetoothing it to my cell phone but it didnt come with a dongle or whatever is used to pair it. I have one from another controller but I cant find any info online on that specific controller. I am currently using it the way it came when wired up. i dont know if there is an app but i assume so bc the sabvoton does so I assume it would be the same type of setup but i cant find any info on what it might be or anything on how to adjust the parameters on this controller. I was told that almost all controllers are able to be set by us and changed and that mine should be no exception to that but im beginning to think it just doesnt allow me to change them. Any help or advice is welcome.....ty

First, does the controller work correctly with your system now? If so, what specifically do you want to change about it?

If it does not work correctly with your system now, what specifically does not work, and in what exact way?

Next, do you have the program (or app) for your specific controller? If not, you can't do any setup of it, as these programs are controller-specific (sometimes even model or version specific). This program / app comes from the manufacturer of the controller. If they don't list the controller on their site, they almost certainly don't have a program / app for it (not publicly available, anyway). Some manufacturers make things for OEMs (complete bike builders, etc) and make them with permanent unchangeable settings that the OEMs specify, and they don't typically list these controllers on their websites, even when they have other models (that may indeed have changeable settings).

Even if you have the app, if it is not clearly labelled in a way that you can understand for what each setting is *and* how the program updates these when you use it, and whether or not it can read the original settings and save them as a file for putting back on there in case something goes wrong, then it is a gamble to change anything at all. Often enough, they are only in Chinese, and using terminology that may not make sense for the functions; the "English" translations are often even worse. Some setup programs only update the settings you specifically change. Some of them write every value that's changeable even if you didn't change them, and even if it's not a useful value, and hasn't read the controller's existing working settings. So if the controller works now, it might not after changing settings.

Some programs cant' read the original settings or put them back, or reset it to factory defaults, so when something goes wrong in changing things, if you don't know what they were you would have to guess and keep changing things until it works again (if it ever does). it's even possible to brick a controller (completely nonfunctional, unable to even connect to the settings program) if something goes wrong during an update, with some systems.

Also, some programs / controllers cant' work thru wireless connections, but only thru direct wired serial connection.

Note that most controllers are not programmable in any way (except perhaps by the factory during manufacturing). Some are, they are generally advertised and sold as such (because it is a feature that makes them more desirable than ones that aren't, for those looking for such), with the program or app available, and the hardware needed to connect them to a device running it also available.

Some controllers aren't really programmable, but do come with displays (specific to that controller) that allow a user to change assist levels, and sometimes other settings (a few, or many, depends on the controller/display combination and system design).

thelilz said:
I have a 84v 3000w 80a jiangsu wuxi bull brushless controller and i just put it on my e bike w a 3000w motor. i was looking to set the parameters(which i have never done on a controller b4) but i cant even find any info about that controller on the webpage for that company. any advice for this beginner?

thelilz said:
I would be bluetoothing it to my cell phone but it didnt come with a dongle or whatever is used to pair it. I have one from another controller but I cant find any info online on that specific controller. I am currently using it the way it came when wired up. i dont know if there is an app but i assume so bc the sabvoton does so I assume it would be the same type of setup but i cant find any info on what it might be or anything on how to adjust the parameters on this controller. I was told that almost all controllers are able to be set by us and changed and that mine should be no exception to that but im beginning to think it just doesnt allow me to change them. Any help or advice is welcome.....ty

Back