Chain Twist - 4x

gobi

10 kW
I had 2x chain twist, watched some youtube videos on how to undo it and put the chain back on correctly.

Armed with my new knowledge I set out to fix the problem but only to make it WORSE, now I have 4x twist in the chain, what the chain.

How did I do this and how do I correct it?

Attachments

• chain_twist_4x.jpg
    chain_twist_4x.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 309
Always a pain, I feel yours.
I have always been able to fiddle with it to undo it, 2's and 3's just took a touch longer.
Just unwind it off the end of the chain for each loop/twist thing-doo

gobi said:
I had 2x chain twist, watched some youtube videos on how to undo it and put the chain back on correctly.

Armed with my new knowledge I set out to fix the problem but only to make it WORSE, now I have 4x twist in the chain, what the chain.

calab said:
I have always been able to fiddle with it to undo it, 2's and 3's just took a touch longer.

gobi said:

Fixed it, I had to stop thinking about it and just take it over rear end and same at the crank,
Thanks!

I see, perhaps I mis judged the situation.

Was the chain still connected?
If so, thats even harder one to scratch your head around, but you got it, just dont think too much.
:mrgreen:

I assumed the chain had been broken so you had two ends. Yeah if the chain is still connected, the loop is because the chain goes around the rear derailleur. It has to be in play when you play with the chain.

gobi said:
calab said:

gobi said:

Fixed it, I had to stop thinking about it and just take it over rear end and same at the crank,
Thanks!

calab said:
I see, perhaps I mis judged the situation.

Was the chain still connected?
If so, thats even harder one to scratch your head around, but you got it, just dont think too much.
:mrgreen:

I assumed the chain had been broken so you had two ends. Yeah if the chain is still connected, the loop is because the chain goes around the rear derailleur. It has to be in play when you play with the chain.

yeah, I took the rear wheel off to replace it with a hub wheel. The chain was intact.

Back