Alibaba to the UK added charges?

paulstung

100 W
Hi all, I wasn't sure of where to post this so sorry in advance if it's in the wrong section.

I'm starting to look into buying a 750w 20" fat bike and in a separate order a QS conversion kit from Alibaba at some point soon. Being from the UK I'm aware of having to pay tax on top of the price but can anyone shed any light on all of the extra charges that I will be expected to pay. I'm not sure of the cost of each item so if I keep it simple at £500 I'm sure I will be able to figure things out from there.

I've thought about Aliexpress but everything I look at a pop up always appears saying that there's no UK shipping. Thank you

Hi Paul,

If you can ship direct to China, speak with my Shenzhen freight forwarder Alibaba contact Ken, hes on Whatsapp +86 158 1876 5025

I've joined today as my Nottingham brother wants to buy an ebike conversion kit but we need to research and not get ripped off.

All the best.

Bryan

Why would he want to *ship to* China, when he is trying to *buy from* China?

Bryan1975 said:
Hi Paul,

If you can ship direct to China, speak with my Shenzhen freight forwarder Alibaba contact Ken, hes on Whatsapp +86 158 1876 5025

I've joined today as my Nottingham brother wants to buy an ebike conversion kit but we need to research and not get ripped off.

All the best.

Bryan

paulstung said:
Hi all, I wasn't sure of where to post this so sorry in advance if it's in the wrong section.

I'm starting to look into buying a 750w 20" fat bike and in a separate order a QS conversion kit from Alibaba at some point soon. Being from the UK I'm aware of having to pay tax on top of the price but can anyone shed any light on all of the extra charges that I will be expected to pay. I'm not sure of the cost of each item so if I keep it simple at £500 I'm sure I will be able to figure things out from there.

I've thought about Aliexpress but everything I look at a pop up always appears saying that there's no UK shipping. Thank you

If the supplier is in China and doesn't want to ship to UK common with Aliexpress, he could ship to a freight firwarder that will ship to UK.

Maybe the Amazon UK ebike kits are worth buying.

Thanks guys, but I've looked at the numbers and with Vat, customs duty, insurance plus the cost of shipping it over triples the price of the actual item. With ordering the actual bike and then the motor kit, it would work out way to much plus with the amount of time it takes to arrive, I've decided that it's not worth the hassle.

Back