Red rocket the uk's answer to the super 73

paulstung

100 W
I'm looking into something like the super 73, my original thought was Alibaba but after running the numbers it's not worth the hassle, and super 73 to me are the iPhone of ebikes, and are way to overpriced, so after some Google time I found the Red rocket 750x a 20" fat bike perfect for my needs, or they do a 24" version. Does anyone have any experience with this uk based company? Thanks guys..

Share the link please.
My neighbor has 3 or 4 super73 and does many videos about them. He also has a look alike at 72vand 40ah I think a QS 50mm hub motor. A beast at his folks place.

That's totally my plan to, either a qs205, or 273, at 72v. The more that I look at the Red rocket I'm actually preferring it over the super 73. I've heard that a few people have managed to just buy the frame, if that's the case it makes it ideal, I'm going to drop them a line to find out more. I've only managed to find one review on YouTube, so I'll pop it bellow.

https://youtu.be/5D53HfNM0n0

https://www.redrocketlifestyle.com/product-page/rocket-750x

Need a link, Red Rocket is to new in the corner of the interwebs with a pretty generic name for interwebs search duties.

paulstung said:
That's totally my plan to, either a qs205, or 273, at 72v. The more that I look at the Red rocket I'm actually preferring it over the super 73. I've heard that a few people have managed to just buy the frame, if that's the case it makes it ideal, I'm going to drop them a line to find out more. I've only managed to find one review on YouTube, so I'll pop it bellow.

https://youtu.be/5D53HfNM0n0

https://www.redrocketlifestyle.com/product-page/rocket-750x

So what exactly are you getting for 1875 that you'll end up using in the end?

As it comes for about a year, then probably a full electrical swap. I've got a 60v 23ah battery here so maybe a controller upgrade first? I'm waiting for a reply from them regarding what motor they're using to see if pushing it would even be possible.

It would be easier and cheaper if they would sell just a rolling frame, minus the rear motor, but I'm doubtful that's an option.

E-HP said:

A motorcycle frame with pedals. However, it doesn't seem to have a rear suspension. Just a suspension seatpost that isn't adjustable in height.

RunForTheHills said:
E-HP said:

A motorcycle frame with pedals. However, it doesn't seem to have a rear suspension. Just a suspension seatpost that isn't adjustable in height.
And built for speeds the stock motor can provide.

From the one YouTube review the stand over height is 31" I'm only 5, 8 so it's just about perfect. I've ridden a different bike with the same seat/ suspension set up, and they're better than expected, it's going to be my commuter anyhow so with the 4" tires and the sus seat, it will be enough

999zip999 said:
Max speed: motor provides assistance up to 15.5 mph. Deal breaker. Get the frame. Or one with full suspension.

For me, not being able to adjust the seat height is an even bigger deal breaker, and harder to fix.

If it's just a dumb moped, 15 mph and no back seat make it especially lame.

It's completely adjustable with a little cutting, angle grinding and welding. ;)

(admittedly not what most people have in mind, of course).

Looks like the rear rack is just a bolt-on, so removable or modifiable (though probably not as strong as a welded-on-frame rack would be)

To me, these look like the minibikes from 50 years ago, which were mostly ridden by young kids offroad. The lack of a seat height adjustment would be a show stopper for me also, but I guess it doesn't matter if you don't intend to pedal. I don't really see the appeal of them, but I understand that they are some of the best selling models of factory ebikes today. Any ebike designed for the UK market is going to have a 15.5 mph limit. The Juiced HyperScrambler 2 is a similar bike, but it goes twice as fast and has a rear suspension for a few hundred dollars more.

HyperScrambler-Alum-RtSide_1000x666_crop_center.jpg

RunForTheHills said:
To me, these look like the minibikes from 50 years ago, which were mostly ridden by young kids offroad. The lack of a seat height adjustment would be a show stopper for me also, but I guess it doesn't matter if you don't intend to pedal. I don't really see the appeal of them, but I understand that they are some of the best selling models of factory ebikes today. Any ebike designed for the UK market is going to have a 15.5 mph limit. The Juiced HyperScrambler 2 is a similar bike, but it goes twice as fast and has a rear suspension for a few hundred dollars more.

I think that actually may be the appeal. There aren't really mini bikes now. You might see one come up on Craigslist once in a while, but you don't see store ads from Sears, Montgomery Wards, or Kmart with mini bikes ads next to the lawnmowers, not only because those stores don't exist anymore either. Too many lawyers.
So now you have a pretty wide range of people, from 15 to way past 40 something, that never got to have a mini bike, and maybe even after seeing some of their older siblings or cousins riding them when they were too young. I think everyone has to go through that and get it out of their system, whether you're 15 or 70. I mean I even see people riding those little Costco things around that are at least in their mid 50s.
Just look at all of the benefits of mini bikes. They taught you to be responsible. I mean, you had to figure out how to get/earn the 15 cents it took to fill up the tank. We'd ride all over the place on our bikes, looking for coke bottles to turn in for the deposits. So we were environmentally responsible too, before there was such a thing.
Given a choice though, full suspension is the way to go, and the ample space for more battery is nice, given that the bikes aren't really made for pedaling.

999zip999 said:
Max speed: motor provides assistance up to 15.5 mph. Deal breaker. Get the frame. Or one with full suspension.

If you read the info about the models the info. On the 750x doesn't mention that it's even 750w, I'm guessing that it's because of the 15.5mph UK law. It's actually capable of just over 30mph rider weight and the usual.

Back