Whats your top moment or event while ebiking?

calab

1 MW
I cant get enough of the birds and butterflies that fly along with ya, fuckingamazing! :thumb:

Hard to say a particular moment, but the longer rides definitely one of the high marks. Bit by bit on day trips, I rode from El Paso TX to Santa Fe NM on the old pre interstate route. One day in the fall, riding along through tall wild sunflowers, there was an amazing number of butterflies.

Challenging the gasser bikes in the death races in Tucson was another top moment. Almost won it one year, but got confused by the flag signals and thought the race was over. I left the track with two laps to go. But the first race I went to might have been even more exiting. On a complete turd of a front hub commuter bike, I beat half the field. Those gassers looked at me like this. :shock: Starting last on the line up, I entered the first turn at mid pack.

calab said:
I cant get enough of the birds and butterflies that fly along with ya, fuckingamazing! :thumb:
Might want to consider a different cologne .... there are unfriendly insects out there as well.
angry-bee(150).jpg

Ok top one moment.
I was going down a. Hill along side a of a golf course gong 48mph and he looked over and saw a cop tucked on the side pointing a radar he took my speed and I saw him look at the radar again to check the speed and you could tell he was shaking his head. He just let me fly.

My Karma is good Lewy2Twos
First thought was not of the bee's but of rogue people. See the thing with ebikes Lewy, is we are to fast for the mesquito's and bee's and most importantly the rentals scooters :wink: but if you chose to stop and take a break, then a smoke is in order, to fumigate the pesky bugs (not rental scooters :lol: ). In a safe manner this hot dry season.

While on my daily, long ride for sweat equity today, I been thinking what I've been thinking all along

1) You can't pay for that shit - the birds, butterflies, moths, bees, mesquitos and the bats, FLYING ALONG WITH YA, I give a nod or a wink or a smirk every time.

2) It can not be delivered to you via Skip the Dish or UberEats or ebay or Amazon. All that can be done is credit card warrior, buy the ebike and ride. See the click, thats the easy part. Action part of riding, sweat equity, who knows these days. Most of the ebikes I see are lazy pedalers. I was a member once.

If I may give my #2, is all the times I hit a long sweeping path around a pond (large or small), and the ducks doing their thing, or seeing the fish jump. Most always I give myself a treat, a small break, from pedaling..... meditation not medication huh the other half time its a longer break :lol: if not fumigation time.

If you were not electrically charged, would you notice those moments?
Have the patience knowing, throttle up and cool wind.

LewTwo said:
calab said:
Might want to consider a different cologne .... there are unfriendly insects out there as well.
angry-bee(150).jpg

No-hands down the middle of Bourbon Street in New Orleans on Thanksgiving Day.

What were you wearing ? Anything ? Chaps no underwear.
Wow Calab Can a da say has good smoke. I hear it on discount now. As Canada is over stocked.

My top moments are being in the middle of the woods by myself on my enduro build. There’s nothing really like it as far as feeling freedom. I also enjoy riding through the city at times but it’s just not the same as being out in nature.
I can’t really think of any isolated moments but just being out there in the middle of nowhere is very peaceful for me.

If I may, I can't leave the grasshoppers out of the list, or the ants.

Surprising the stuff you see looking up and down and not at your mobile phone.

Using SPF60 sun screen has really helped out, I havent burned yet.... did I jinx it?

the birds, butterflies, moths, bees, mesquitos and the bats, FLYING ALONG WITH YA, I give a nod or a wink or a smirk every time.

I love the tree's, especially when its sunny out. Shade to shade daze. If you can find a long section of tall trees, mostly blocking the sun and mostly no bumps, it can bring a long smile on a long hot day, heck I smile in the dark cold rain to. Sure beats the office cubical and 60 watt tans.

Eastwood said:
My top moments are being in the middle of the woods by myself on my enduro build. There’s nothing really like it as far as feeling freedom. I also enjoy riding through the city at times but it’s just not the same as being out in nature.
I can’t really think of any isolated moments but just being out there in the middle of nowhere is very peaceful for me.

When I finished the first year I had it and realized it had paid for itself 10 times over. Not to mention the amount of time it kept me out of the car. I have since bought a 2nd one after the first went down for 2 weeks and I realized I had lost nearly 50% of the cost of another one.

Back