Bafang BBS02B 36V vs 48V Max RPM (Speed)

maro

1 µW
Hello,
I intend to use a BBS02B 500W mid drive. I have already good batteries from other bikes so I prefer to use 36V.
The Max RPM on the 36V kit is the same as the Max RPM on the 48Volts Kit?
The descriptions are somewhat confusing, they show same torque and same RPM (e.g. 100-130) for both kits.
We know less voltage means lower RPM, and I was already burned with a Hub motor rated at 36-48V and xxx RPM, to find out that the RPM was rated at 48Volts!!!!! The motor was OK, but too slow for me.

Anybody from experience of maximum speed of a BBS02B 3500W 36Volts installation versus a 48V.
I do not want to spend extra $$$$ for brand new 48V batteries unless the max speed (RPM) is too small.

Thanks for your help and advice.

maro said:
Hello,
I intend to use a BBS02B 500W mid drive. I have already good batteries from other bikes so I prefer to use 36V.
The Max RPM on the 36V kit is the same as the Max RPM on the 48Volts Kit?
The descriptions are somewhat confusing, they show same torque and same RPM (e.g. 100-130) for both kits.
We know less voltage means lower RPM, and I was already burned with a Hub motor rated at 36-48V and xxx RPM, to find out that the RPM was rated at 48Volts!!!!! The motor was OK, but too slow for me.

Anybody from experience of maximum speed of a BBS02B 3500W 36Volts installation versus a 48V.
I do not want to spend extra $$$$ for brand new 48V batteries unless the max speed (RPM) is too small.

Thanks for your help and advice.

All things being equal, but voltage, the motor will perform like any other brushless motor, with the RPM proportional to voltage, so the 48V motor will spin a third faster than the 36V (same as the hub motor). But, you can change gearing on a mid drive, so all things don't have to be equal, and motor RPM and the resulting bike speed needs to take into account the gearing.
https://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?motor=MBBS02&mid=true&gear=1&motor_b=MBBS02&mid_b=true&gear_b=1&bopen=true&batt_b=B4823_AC
https://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?motor=MBBS02&mid=true&gear=1&motor_b=MBBS02&mid_b=true&gear_b=1&bopen=true&batt_b=B4823_AC&tr=20

Perhaps you can play with the simulator and see if 36V gets you the performance you need, with the right gearing.

Back