BIG 1KW HUB with VESC

xlzeo

10 W
Hello .
was trying to dig into searching but could not find any relevant information.

i'm struggling to make a big 1KW hub motor run smooth with single 100V 120A UboX VESC.

can anyone throw some advices or if you can refer me to a thread with the relevant information.

my project details.
3 wheel bike
60V20AH 16S8P battery packs with ANT bms.
single 100V 120A UBOX with BT module
Magnesium wheel hub 1KW 48V hub Sensored motor
standard ebike throttle connected to ADC1

i have tried to run wizard motor (generic \ large outrunner motor \ direct gear \ 508 wheel size
no load low load to 10A it run smooth at 30-40A or start on a hil motor jitter and shake and can't spin smooth

i have tried to run wizard motor (generic \ ebike hub 6 kg\ direct gear \ 508 wheel size
no load low load to 10A it run smooth at 30-40A or start on a hill motor jitter and shake and can't spin smooth

if anyone can throw some advices or refer me to a thread who explain how to tweak the setting in order for the motor to run smoothly.

xlzeo said:
if anyone can throw some advices or refer me to a thread who explain how to tweak the setting in order for the motor to run smoothly.

I often have to re-run the FOC tuning with a much higher amperage than the wizard seems to run to help eliminate stuttering at higher amp values.

https://github.com/badgineer/CCC_ESC/blob/main/docs/MOTOR_PARAM.md

In VESC there are really only 3 or 4 parameters that are important among the mass of settings.

Resistance, inductance, flux linkage. The hall sensor setup is also important if you're using them.

The parameters aren't really particular to the VESC itself, you can pretty much copy the settings for any given motor across to any VESC.

I played around with these 4 settings for hours. The result is always the same. Spins up great without load, runs horrible under load. There are obviously plenty of users with the same problem.
The identification/self-learning process of VESC TOOL seems to work not very well.

I have a gmac motor and i found the settings on the internet (thank you GRIN):

Speedo Poles (for CA) 6
Hysteresis Losses (N-m) 1
Eddie Losses (N-m / rad/sec) .013
Motor Inductance (H) .00014
Phase Resistance (Ohm) 0.046

Some phrases are different from the VESC TOOL. Like what is the flux linkeage here?

A library for VESC TOOL CFGs with the most popular motors would be a thing.....

Anyone found good settings for a gmac?

Ride safe and stay alive!

Back