Honest ebike reviews? Do they exist

Hello All,

I just saw an add for the Munro Motors 2.0 ebike.
Well, it's a scooter cause no pedals or chain.

I was curious so I tried to look up an honest review of the bike.

No such luck. Everything was just retype press releases...lame.

Anywhere I was wondering if y'all knew of a place that does honest ebike reviews?

Thanks,

The Madmadscientist said:
Anywhere I was wondering if y'all knew of a place that does honest ebike reviews?

You're in luck!
There's a subforum for just that purpose:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

AFAICT, most (all) "reviewers" are either paid for the review (some even admit it) and/or get to keep the bike they "test" so what they state seems more like an advertisement.

2old said:
AFAICT, most (all) "reviewers" are either paid for the review (some even admit it) and/or get to keep the bike they "test" so what they state seems more like an advertisement.

YouTubers will review just about anything if it get's more clicks. I think most have figured out that interest is probably pretty low for a motorcycle wannabe e-moped that will attract a lot of unwanted attention, and basically can't be ridden legally anywhere. At least they let you know that you're on your own:

Where Can I Ride It?
"Registration, licensing and insurance requirements on these sorts of electric bikes that blur the line between bicycle and motor vehicle are still nebulous. You'll have to study local laws on your area to see what's allowed, what's required, what's forbidden and what has yet to be addressed."

2old said:

That's certainly how it seems...would be great to know which Chinese made junk ebikes to stay away from.

I don't think I need to see any review of a bike with no pedals and a "450 watt" motor that claims 31 mph top speed. Just the conflicting specs let you know who you're dealing with.

They also claim 62 miles of range from 557 watt-hours of battery. With no pedals to help. So... 9 Wh/mi. Amazing efficiency!

Also, I found list prices from $1200 to $13,422 (but with free delivery). That's super confidence inspiring. It's like they made it entirely out of red flags.

Chalo said:
It's like they made it entirely out of red flags.
:lol: FUNNIEST thing I have read in quite a while! :lol:

Anyways, Court over at https://electricbikereview.com/ does the best ebike reviews I have seen. Quite detailed, pretty balanced pros/cons, and often helpful comments sections. :thumb:

Back