Is there a 12 step program for bikes?

dogman dan

1 PW
I'm just outa controll! Just got back from the used bike shop, doing some trading. Now I have two mongoose blackcombs.

Now I have three ebikes, and 7 pedalers on the property, not couting the fence made of old frames and wheels.

At this point, the plan is to make his and hers street ebikes out of the mongoose blackcombs. That frees up my giant, with 5 1/2 inches of suspension travel, for a new dirtbike. :twisted: Quite likely to run on 72v. :mrgreen:

At that point I'll have his and hers ebikes, a racer, and a dirtbike. I have a beach cruiser waiting on getting my aotema back too. So five ebikes. :roll:

I know what you mean. I don't even have a roadable ebike right now and i've already bought another and am pricing out components left and right.. lol.

I know Dogman. I look at Craigslist almost every day :roll: I haven't had the scratch or I would have had that Ironhorse awhile back, And I saw a Blackcomb yesterday :lol: That's a nervous smiley btw. All I really want is fullsus and good batteries :mrgreen:

I think you're right :cry: We're gonna have a section for EBA - Ebikes anonamous/spell :?

My name is dogman and I'm a bikeaholic! :evil:
I know like any hobby it's"hang on to your wallet"
DON

I understand I just got a old style rear rack and saddle bags for my bike.

lol... I have two blackcombs (and more bikes) in my stash, but no time to do anything with any of them.

I can stop anytime. Uh, really.

geetarboy said:
.. I don't drink anymore-probably a good thing :D

I can't afford to drink anymore as i spend all my money on this blood hobby this is very very
bad, being an Aussie, we get deported if we aren't pissed more often than not :: looks around for immigration officers:: :mrgreen: :p

KiM

DAY-334...
My name is KF, and I am an ebiker ~hic *

• I have ONE stock pedel as a backup; 18-speed I bought back in 1982.
    One fully-assembled and functional MtB as a FWD.
    One nearly-assembled F/S MtB awaiting motors and controllers for 2WD.
    Five unmounted 9C hubs: one 2806 disassembled, 2806 x 2 & 2807 x 2 ready to install.
    Several controllers - I lost count, but one is the Castle Phoenix HV 110. Most of my controllers are disassembled.
    Several chargers of various voltages
    Countless bike parts, tires, tubes, rims of different sizes.
If it weren't for my brewing hobby the back room would overflow with bike parts: The brewing stuff is slowly going away to make more room...

Anyone need 5-gallon food-grade plastic buckets? Never been used for root beer... :wink:
Cheers, KF ~hic *

You don't want to know how many bikes I've had and thought of putting motors on this year.

Still trying to reach that near perfect ebike, without going bankrupt.

my name is thud.....I m an addict.
Lets see who is most out of controle here :p

Bicycles (Assembled): (blue are running eellectrics)
1-2-speed bmxer, 1-24" free agent,1 specialized rock hopper 26" (old),1-tidal force frame with extended swing arm full suspension,1-tidal force still in the box
the ohio-race bike soon running the 8085/170 test motor, 1-24" raleigh bmx , 1-700c tanaka road bike (i am thinking frictiondrive :twisted: ) a no name chinees 26" cruiser witha chinees 49cc engine, 1-Marin aluminum full sus frame (death racer).no less than 5 frames for chopping....

For me E-bikes are the theropy for my real addictions,
Hondas:
74' CR125, 74' CR20, 2-80' CR125, 2 80' CR250, 2-85' CR125s 89' CR125, 95 CR125
3 suzukis TS125s74' 78' (junkers) 79' Yam IT175 hodaka 100
thats 15 rolling bikes. i have 4 complete engines on the racks
I sold off all the old YZs in the collection as the yellow didnt match the living room carpet.
see every thing is in ballance....no problems here.
typing that all out has been good theropy.....i feel all better now.....time to check crack-bay for some bargins

I hear ya. I currently have 3 mountain bikes and 3 BMX bikes and I'm searching for a DH bike even though I know I won't find one around here.

But hey, my gf can't complain. I used to be heavily into Porsches and kart racing. E-bikes are a lot cheaper. Well, they way I do it anyway.

I know what you mean - My son in law got me hooked on John Deer Snowmobiles - Vintage machine - I now have five that are lined up to restore once I retire in a year - So that is my PLAN - In the summer guess what is my addiction = yes - e-bikes and I have about five of those lined up for when I retire - NOW for the determining factor - my wife - who understands me until I bought her a matching IZIP womens model which has sat for two years in the original wrapping. Anyway = her plans are to go south for the winter - look out Texas! If all us retired e-bikers go south for the winter - maybe we can end up in the same park and reflect on the good old days over a few beers. If it is like hunting season in Wisconsin (were I pickup my John Deer Parts) the wife's know when to take in the hunting season sales at the mall. :lol:

I owned as many as 22 different motorcycles during my 19 year MC riding "career". From MXer's to a factory road racer, I had (over time) just about every type imaginable (with the sad exception of a trails bike). All but about 5 of these machines were ridden on a regular basis with only 3 of them being "basket case" or "rolling runners" that never made it to the road or track.

Recovery from this expensive addiction has been long and difficult but, I can proudly say that I've only owned 2 road and 4 mountain bikes (including one hard tail E-MBT). However, I'm planning on building a "board/flat track style ebike and, possibly a road race style E machine as well. Oh, and then there's the full suspension E-MTB I've been thinking about...

Aw, the heck with it...Mitch do you have any e-bikes for sale?

i know the feeling as i have in my garage a surly big dummy with bl36 fwd,a e-zip for work,a brompton for commuting to work,a downtube my son is taking for getting around campus at college,a schwinn cruiser for the daughter and a schwinn ranger for a beater bike.still am thinking of buying another bike to electrify.peace out.

My problem is getting so bad that it is getting in the way of my problem :lol:

I think I have around 22 complete bikes now in various bike, ebike, scooter, and moped forms.

DRZ 110
Honda 50 rat bike
yamaha Riva
Honda Spree
Tomos Golden Bullet
electric/ gas hybrid Concorde (storing for a buddy)
Derbi Variant (storing for a buddy)
Santa cruz bullit
Santa Cruz superlight
Echo trials bike
Two trek comfort bikes
two old huffy cruisers
Fiance's bike
Le toy ebike
Mini bike ebike
Stumpjumper Ebike
Old trusty Fuji ebike
A2b ebike
kick scooter
Bent trike
a few stragglers I am probably forgetting
And so many wheels, frames, and parts that I don't want to look at.

Plus about 10 hub motor wheels just laying around, I don't know how many chargers and batteries, and I think I should stop before I start to fret :lol:

To be fair, I have had a bicycle problem for ten years now and ebikes just accelerated the problem. I have managed to get rid of about ten bikes in the last few years though, so I am doing better than I was a year or two ago. I have started making a list of the projects that I should just get rid of so that I have more room for my current wants. That is very tough though. So very tough. I want them all!!

dogman said:
I'm just outa controll! Just got back from the used bike shop, doing some trading. Now I have two mongoose blackcombs.

Now I have three ebikes, and 7 pedalers on the property, not couting the fence made of old frames and wheels.

At this point, the plan is to make his and hers street ebikes out of the mongoose blackcombs. That frees up my giant, with 5 1/2 inches of suspension travel, for a new dirtbike. :twisted: Quite likely to run on 72v. :mrgreen:

At that point I'll have his and hers ebikes, a racer, and a dirtbike. I have a beach cruiser waiting on getting my aotema back too. So five ebikes. :roll:

A fence made out of bike parts? I have to see that please post a picture. I bet your neighbors love it. :roll:

I only have two working Ebikes and one partially disassembled peddle bike. Yep, I took parts off the peddle bike to keep the Ebikes running. :twisted:

Gary

five running in just a year and # six soon
been to busy riding the others to build it -blackcolmb-
i have the fever bad

johnrobholmes said:
My problem is getting so bad that it is getting in the way of my problem :lol:

I think I have around 22 complete bikes now in various bike, ebike, scooter, and moped forms.

DRZ 110
Honda 50 rat bike
yamaha Riva
Honda Spree
Tomos Golden Bullet
electric/ gas hybrid Concorde (storing for a buddy)
Derbi Variant (storing for a buddy)
Santa cruz bullit
Santa Cruz superlight
Echo trials bike
Two trek comfort bikes
two old huffy cruisers
Fiance's bike
Le toy ebike
Mini bike ebike
Stumpjumper Ebike
Old trusty Fuji ebike
A2b ebike
kick scooter
Bent trike
a few stragglers I am probably forgetting
And so many wheels, frames, and parts that I don't want to look at.

Plus about 10 hub motor wheels just laying around, I don't know how many chargers and batteries, and I think I should stop before I start to fret :lol:

To be fair, I have had a bicycle problem for ten years now and ebikes just accelerated the problem. I have managed to get rid of about ten bikes in the last few years though, so I am doing better than I was a year or two ago. I have started making a list of the projects that I should just get rid of so that I have more room for my current wants. That is very tough though. So very tough. I want them all!!

Sheesh, man! This ain't pokemon! ;)

I bet you have a big garage.. :)

Two car garage, with no cars in it now. I can fit all the bikes on one side, if I don't want to actually reach any of them.

One of the next projects is to make the trike a side by side tandem for long trips with the fiancée. Of course we would have some electric assist hiding in there somewhere :wink:

Hi,i'm Marc. and im an ev-ahalic.a couple of years ago i got my kid a small electric scooter.i figured what the hell,one little scooter.what could be the harm.i could handle it.well one thing led to another and before i knew it i had a garage full of brushed motor toys,and i actually started to gain a tolerance to the ev grin,it took more and more to satisfy the ev urge.i resorted to gearing changes,better bearings,rewinds,better controllers,and even high voltage.looking back,things really got bad when i started chopping things up to build customs.i spent a lot of long nights out in the garage trying to scratch the itch,nothing made of steel was safe.
and then it happened,my friend craigslist introduced me to the hard shit.a brushless e-bike.i knew it was dangerous,but i could'nt help myself.the sound of the motor had me grinning from ear to ear.of course this new phase of my addiction has taken its natural progression.i've moved on to brushed,and brushless hubs,high power controllers,and of course more voltage,i've heard talk of some guys over in the shady part of town who have been experimenting with lipos.i fear this may be the next step in my downfall.its hopeless,and i am doomed to my addiction.

friedwires said:
Hi,i'm Marc. and im an ev-ahalic.a couple of years ago i got my kid a small electric scooter.i figured what the hell,one little scooter.what could be the harm.i could handle it.well one thing led to another and before i knew it i had a garage full of brushed motor toys,and i actually started to gain a tolerance to the ev grin,it took more and more to satisfy the ev urge.i resorted to gearing changes,better bearings,rewinds,better controllers,and even high voltage.looking back,things really got bad when i started chopping things up to build customs.i spent a lot of long nights out in the garage trying to scratch the itch,nothing made of steel was safe.
and then it happened,my friend craigslist introduced me to the hard shit.a brushless e-bike.i knew it was dangerous,but i could'nt help myself.the sound of the motor had me grinning from ear to ear.of course this new phase of my addiction has taken its natural progression.i've moved on to brushed,and brushless hubs,high power controllers,and of course more voltage,i've heard talk of some guys over in the shady part of town who have been experimenting with lipos.i fear this may be the next step in my downfall.its hopeless,and i am doomed to my addiction.

hehehe, thats a pretty good one there. Pretty much sums it up. After you get your power kick, you may start fiending to start adding stealth or range to your projects. Next comes the desires for aero bodywork and other fiberglass habits. If your metalworking hasn't already forced a welder purchase, you may find yourself selling your children's toys to feed the habit. It is a steep slope.

my kids had to go barefoot and hungry for a year so i could buy my wirefeed,but as long as i keep building toys,they dont mind. :) the disease runs in the family you know.

Back