Sanyo Eneloop commercial

Meh, i rode that bike.

BAD pedal sensor causes weird gaps in power.
Slow, low top speed.
Accidentally bump/rub/disturb the wheel or pedal, and it will try to move forward on it's own.

Fail fail fail.

Nice looking package though. Cannot deny that. But it is the worst eBike i've ridden so far. And i've ridden 6 eBikes of arious makes & some homebrew,

No helmet.

Looking behind herself riding down the street.

Riding down the sidewalk among pedestrians.

Yet still, I'm glad to see ebike's get media coverage.

Who is producing these commercials ??
This is the third commercial Add that i have seen for Ebikes ( the Swiss bike and the Ezbike being the others) that are near identical.
IE.. girls on bikes riding along to music through a tree lined street. ....its getting a little tacky ! :roll:

Hillhater said:
Who is producing these commercials ??
This is the third commercial Add that i have seen for Ebikes ( the Swiss bike and the Ezbike being the others) that are near identical.
IE.. girls on bikes riding along to music through a tree lined street. ....its getting a little tacky ! :roll:

I agree.

Show an ebike gliding through grid-locked cars sitting in traffic.

Show cars buying gas.

Show an ebike taking bike-paths or shorter non-traffic routes that cars can't take.

Show an ebike locking to something out front rather than hunting for and paying for parking.

Show somebody paying car insurance bills and licence/registration BS fees.

Show a quick 1-frame a month time-lapse of somebody over-weight getting in shape, first frame with the car in the back ground of the picture, then as they become more slim, the background slides towards the ebike with each frame of them becoming more slim.

Then maybe something clever showing a picture of a guy in a car with bars over the windows like a cage/jail, and a guy on a bike in the open air.

I like that imagery, LFP...perhaps get the insurance idea across with the E-biker glancing up at a billboard that asks " are your insurance premiums too high?" (Gecko)...E-biker justs snickers and shakes his head...

E-biker passes by a cop asking a pulled-over motorist "let me see your license and registration"...

E-biker splits away from grid-locked traffic onto a bike path and a good looking female jogger checks out E-bike as it passes. He approaches a "hill of death"...close-up of his hand slightly twisting a grip-throttle and we hear a slight electric whine as the grinning E-biker stops pedaling (close-up of feet stopping) and accelerates out of frame...

Female voice-over says "Stay in shape....make your car last longer....spend less on gas...pollute less...reduce our dependence on oil...the decision to get an electric bike is...NO SWEAT!

Luke, you missed your calling! You should be in marketing... :p

Thanks to the Eneloop, people think ebikes are way out of their price range.

I think the Currie videos were much better. I didn't like the classic oldie music in this commercial - it doesn't go well with an electric bike, it would go well with just a normal cruiser bike.

Not just enelooop. Look at pretty much everything lithium sold by best buy. Or online.
$1200-$3000 easy.

The currie eZip is the only 'cheap' lithium bike i can think of.. $900 or so... with i believe... a crappy brushed motor :|

Meanwhile i managed to buy 2x $500 ecobike 'elegance' bikes only a few months used. They retail for like $1500-$2000! I think a lot of the price of these bikes is greedy markup. You know it all comes from china anyhow. Probably assembled in China too.

I wonder if it uses the Eneloop type Ni Mh battery.If so they are a great battery.Low self discharge and even the AA cell can handle 5A discharge without much voltage sag.

A lot of us on another forum thought if they came out with a D cell it would be 8 AH with 20A discharge!

Can charge in 15 mins. but cycles drop to 125 or so to 80% capacity.
DON

liveforphysics said:
No helmet.

Looking behind herself riding down the street.

Riding down the sidewalk among pedestrians.

Yet still, I'm glad to see ebike's get media coverage.

Whatdya mean no helmet? That afro has got to have at least 10 times the cushioning effect of a helmet :lol:

But seriously, if that's the best the marketing department can do to promote ebikes, they deserve to be fired.....at (shot)

Sure, sex sells... but it is better left for products that actually struggle to display any serious benefit/advantage, of which there is no shortage of as lukes suggestions attest to.

To me, that may as well just be a normal bike from the lethargic performance i see.

Back