Deciding on what bike

joystix2

100 W
:?: Do you guys think a good full suspension bike could handle the Phoenix hub motor on the rear and Lithiums on a seat post mounted rack? I know steel is recommended for front mounted hubs but what about rear mounted? Thanks

Ric

The rear dropouts on aluminum frames usually have a Stainless Steel insert on the derailer side, and have thicker metal than front forks.. I have not heard or any failures yet.. tho i'm sure it's possible. :lol:

Full suspension is great.. don't worry bout Long travel.. short travel of better quality is better than cheap extra-soft long travel.

NickF23 said:
suspension is essential if your going fast unless of course u love the bumps :)

Your arms and hands will thank you. My e-bike doesn't have suspension (destroyed previous fork) and when you fly down the road at 30+ MPH every bump is magnified into your upper body.

Suspension is good but if you have a good frame, esp a nice steel frame IMHO you can get a really nice comfy ride by simply adding a good quality suspension seat post.

I use a thudbuster seat post which is widely regarded as the best suspension post, my bike is super comfy on the rear end although my front forks are terrible and really do need looking at!!

So go with suss but pay good money as cheap suspension is not worth it, it will fail and you will bob instead of getting good damping.

Most of the guys on here that have gone full suss have used good bikes with good suspension.

Cheers

P

Ypedal said:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-4749862029616241264&q=norco+off+road

I"ve gone down this road on both full suspension ( bike in the video ) and on a front suspension only bike.. and on a folding bike.....

Trust me.. suspension rules all!!

I love that video and I WANT YOUR FORKS!! send them to me now :evil:

:lol:

Knoxie

I forgot ypedal was the norco-man at the old V.

I love that bike! Maybe I can find a used one as the platform for a dual-Puma 2WD 90 volt 80 amp dirt bike. Ahhh 2 dream.... :)

He He

Yes it glides super smooth!! I think I may pop the puma on the full suss bike that I have and make it a full electric motorbike for going off road as the crank and bottom bracket is threaded on the bike so i may as well screw in footpegs! ha ha this bike really does handle well also, so with the lack of crank I can ram it all in and it will be a really good test of the puma, the BMX of course could be used but my back wouldnt take it!!

Cheers

P

With Knoxie on that. My bike is a retro cruiser with hokey springer front fork.

The Thudbuster is faultless. It lets me sit fully on the saddle while blasting down quite rough roads. With soft elastomers (I'm not a big guy), it feels
like riding in a dingy on light chop. There is no more thud. I have no real need for full suspension now.

It's really good.

PS: Paul, I tossed my Lizardskin boot. Didn't fit so hot, as my TB is laid way back for seat setback. I wrapped the thing in Ace bandage instead.
Looks stealth! No "steal me" appeal anymore.

Ace self-clinging elastic fabric bandage in black. Looks sick. lol

knoxie said:
So go with suss but pay good money as cheap suspension is not worth it, it will fail and you will bob instead of getting good damping.

Most of the guys on here that have gone full suss have used good bikes with good suspension.

Cheers

P

I fully agree.. cheap suspension will either bottom out and stay there.. or bounce you around like a pogo-stick... sometimes both at the same time ! hehe..

Hey Paul.. I'll trade you the forks for a pack of those Lithiums !!! And throw in the handlebars ! 8)

Seriously ! :p

Back