Ebike/Escooter Commuting in China

That's weird--at just under a minute in, you can clearly see where they have marked out parking spaces on the street, yet NO ONE is using them, and have instead all parked in the road itself. :roll: Haven't watched any further yet (not enough time).

wow that looks like hell in my book - so much stopping and stopping.. guess that's the price we pay for getting ahead.
thanks was a interesting watch.

sk8norcal said:
my guess, reserved spots..
But if they were actually used, plus the cars parked in the road itself, no one but *maybe* a cyclist or a scooter could get thru there. :?

The Chinese are really responsible for the ebike explosion. I'd like to see one person with a non-chinese component ebike build.... Nothing hubmotor based for sure.

I used to have one, when CrazyBike2 was running on SLA, a powerchair motor, and a 2QD controller. Although I suspect the front frame of it was probably made in China (maybe Taiwan), the rear frame was probably USA; couldn't tell about the tires/tubes/spokes/rims. Handlebars, grips, seat frame pieces, most of the hose clamps, etc., were USA-made, dunno about the stem or most of the bearings and such. Cranks were Japan, and I think the pedals were but dunno for sure. Lighting was Japan. (dunno about the CFL headlight thing, it might've been Taiwan).

DayGlo Avenger before that only had part of a Chinese controller on it, heavily modified and rebuilt. (At that time one of my goals was to not use any Chinese parts, which was difficult given the origins of much of the stuff I could find for cheap or free).

Nowadays I still try to use USA-made stuff when I can, but most of the time it's simply not avaialble to me, but I have loads of broken Chinese bicycle and ebike parts that I can fix or turn into usable stuff, so.... :(

grindz145 said:
The Chinese are really responsible for the ebike explosion. I'd like to see one person with a non-chinese component ebike build.... Nothing hubmotor based for sure.

Let me grant you your wish - I have a bunch of bikes with hubmotors that were made in the USA, by TidalForce. I think E+ is also built in the US, but I haven't been keeping score.

-JD

Thanks for posting. I saw at least one hub motor bike. I might have to go to Suzhou, China next year to train techs at Starrett. I hope to see the Chaos when I get there.

Back