New member, New Bike owner, and long time lurker...

Scooterman

10 µW
I just wanted to say "Thanks" to this forum and it's members.
After lurking at all the bike tests and posts, I figured the Mongoose cheapie would be a good first choice...
Boy was I wrong! It's a great first E-bike! When it arrived, the throttle body had been damaged during shipping. I called Currie. They had a new one here in TWO days! I was shocked (pun intended) at their service. The bike works great and I'm a happy camper.

Now, I'm hoping to get my wife hooked on this bike, so I will have an excuse for an Izip...
:D
Mike

Glad we could all help. I have one too, my rear derailer shifter has broken and will need to be replaced. Other than that, the bike has been fine. It's stuck in 5th gear all the time, but at least every thing else works, LOL. I agree, it's a good way to start out on an e-bike for dirt cheap. Afterwards though, you'll want more power and speed. That's why some of us that are crazy like me upgrade our e-bikes into near motorcycles, we just don't want to admit it :lol:

I can see that happening!
I have an Izip 1000 scooter that I want more speed out of. I just don't want to ruin it. It's a pretty handy little critter.

If the the need for speed is too great, I just hop on my Vespa (GT200L) or the Sportster. But the E-toys are so cool! (And the gas milage is better!)
Mike

Let's have a Mongoose/Izip specific thread now, eh?
-They've changed the official name to IZIP now,
or maybe they're running both names on these bikes for the USA market; not sure.
I've had the impression for some time that "Mongoose" is going out.

Congratulations on your new bike!

I say too these bikes are great values!

Most seem to come through with minor defects and minor shipping damages.
Currie is sometimes (first I've heard today) fast!
Oftentimes slow and send the wrong repair parts.

Sounds like they are doing better with parts orders lately.

I have the blue cruiser.
Which did you get? The comfort bike?

cheers,
Reid

Heh, Buzzz, to be truthful, but not a sour graper:

-Currie does not reply to emails from end users
-The only way to speak to them is by getting into a usually very long wait on hold on the phone.
-The tech people are friendly, if not harried (understaffed, peon pay).
-The ratio of wrong parts sent to me, v. orders correctly filled: 100% wrong, 0% reliable.

I once waited over six weeks to get a replacement motor.
Endless snafus on that.

But our new friend above, got sterling service.
So, that's great! Perhaps Currie is catching up with the demand to maintain service on par with sales.

Back