my new (to me) ebike, ready to modify!

Heynow999

10 mW
I found this ebike on Kijiji. It is called a Motobike, Xellerion Nizn-ebike. I couldn't find very much about it on the internet but it had some funky nickel based battery in it originally. The guy I bought it from said it would go 60 KM! on a charge with the original battery but I took that with a grain of salt. He said the original battery died and he threw it out. It has a full suspension and a 250 watt motor. Original voltage was 26 volts. I will be using an 8s2p Hobby King battery pack. Future plans are for an upgraded hub motor and controller

I had the seat off in the picture

Suggestions for improvements are welcome

Thanks

Peter

Attachments

• Motobike.jpg
    Motobike.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 5,221
Put cromotor v2 on it and get docbass torque arm. Then get 24 or 30s lipo with 18 or 24 fetd controller. Then it should be a kickass ebike!

So what in the world was that supposed to be? Basically that's the old XGames bike with too small of a hub motor on the back.

The guy who made that video says he bought it used, so where is anything about the new one? EVionyx is gone, they were a fuel cell company, why would there be a bike with their name on it? They were at a show called EVS-23 with Xellerion in 2007. Another company that sure seems to be toast. There's a spec sheet, but no sign this was ever on the market?

Reminds me of the Yamaha RX50. I think there's something like 1,800, but never was one sold. From existing parts of other bikes, Yamaha cobbled together a 50cc 2 cycle dirtbike engined streetbike basically of the Maxim line and gave them away in drawings at the dealerships. Was this something that was supposed to help promote fuel cells?

Now this would be funny if you've bought the one in the video, making exactly one featured online. Where are the rest?

Yes, I agree the only thing I can find on this bike is that utube video and the spec sheet that was linked to in the second post. The funny thing is the guy I bought it from had two, so I bought them both for $250 for the pair. Maybe I have the only two in existence!

Anyways, I soldered a 4 mm bullet connector to the bike so I could try it with two 4c 5000 mah zippy lipos in series. The wheels spun but when I tried to ride it, it seemed to have no power? When I put it back on the kickstand the wheels would not turn. There appears to be an overload/reset button on the controller, I pushed it and it would then work. I tried it with on 4c pack and it worked, albeit slowly. This was originally set-up to run on 26 volts so surely it can handle 30 volts?

I may just have to get a new motor and controller. I still have to decide whether I want to put the time and money into it because it is a little ugly

Might be a bit like my lawnmower, works great on 10s, but overheats the motor and trips it's breaker really fast. I run it on 6s and it works fine, but I'll be trying 7s when the grass gets thicker.

I bet 7s is the magic number for it. 250w is still only going to be ten amps, so it's kid ready. Needs a 12t mac on the back IMO.

mvly said:
Put cromotor v2 on it and get docbass torque arm. Then get 24 or 30s lipo with 18 or 24 fetd controller. Then it should be a kickass ebike!
Come on, that is a kid bike.
Building power on this is suicidal :twisted:

it is actually pretty big. The seat is about 30" high and too high for my 11 year old. I can ride it OK but I admit it is not comfortable to pedal. It says the weight limit is 200lbs so I am a bit heavy for it. I believe it has 24" wheels.

Could I put a larger, more substantial tire on the back rim and bigger forks and front wheel on it?

Likely 1" headset will limit the fork change options. It's a toy, so few parts from a real off road bike will fit it.

Might be a good candidate for a frankenbike project, if that main frame is steel. Steel means get out the welder and have some fun.

Two means you could make not only a longtail frankenbike, but a really bizarre delta trike longtail with double rear hubmotors. Or a pair of longtail bikes.

the xelletion motobike is made in taiwan based on hyper motobike or xgames motobike frame ! the same bike is actually on sale in wallmart for about 480 usd! is cool because is equiped with acid batteries! heavy but cheap!

thats the link

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Motobike-Boys-36-Volt-Electric-Bike/23149110?wmlspartner=Pm7Oz9TIF6Y&sourceid=06153720931644377582&sourceid=0100000012230215302434&affillinktype=15&veh=aff

man can you post some photos of inside the bike and from behind? i have noticed that your bike is bit raised! can the little door on the back side of the bike be closed? sorry for my bad english!

Nice, your starting out just like I did in 2007.
The guy I bought mines from also had two but I could only afford to buy one.($400)
I didn't know that there were more of these bikes.
There is a guy in Argentina that was also selling his, stock.

I was silent on my "Skunkworks" project until now.
Only because I have to feed my family, rent and I can't afford to monthly experiment with this great bike.

My latest problem is that I gained some weight(220) and I added 4-12V Lead-Acid batteries, 4-1 Farad Caps on top of that original swingarm causing it to bend out of shape.

More info on my bike below(hopefully it will save you money and time).

Dual 20" Magic Pie 2 motors on casted rims.
rear 16" x 2.5 dirbike tires. The original swingarm can't take anything wider.(Like the Shinko 16"x3 tire I really wanted to install, and still have as a sidewalk adornment)
The front hub is set as an "alternator only" mode. connected to an e-bikekit.com 22A controller. front e-brake wired to it. Thumb throttle battery gauge also wired to it.
I had to remove the internal controller and upgrade the wiring using a standard PC power cable for the phases and a serial cable for the hall sensors. The original axle was flipped around since the wires where coming oiut on the brake side.

The rear hub Is a complete kit. 20" casted magic pie 2 motor, 48V magic controller, rear e-brake wired to it. The original axle was flipped around since the wires where coming oiut on the brake side. same wiring upgrade for the rear.

Other upgrades where 4 tall caps, some 1 farad, some .5(half) farad. To boost when taking off from a stop.

future upgrades I would like to have done is to stiffen or replace the rear swingarm.
Magic pie 3 motors, controller AND a third mid-drive kit.
maybe from GNG.

A plastic chameleon skin covering to cover up the deep scratches all over the plastic housing.

ahh, I could only dream.

ALSO photos coming soon.

gotta go and questions are welcomed.

Sorry about the ramblings before. I'm just happy to know that you have two and Walmart brought back the Hyper Motobike 36-volt. :mrgreen:

The motor I remember it originally had was a brushed, 250W 24v. Mated to a 250W 26V controller with a side plug for the charger.

I remember getting an e-bikekit.com, heavy brushless direct-drive motor. Looking back I should have opted for a rear brushless, 36V 350W motor. But the 1000Ws and braking regen is what attracted me and skewed me off.

But technology and manufacturing has improved. Mid drive is the way to go.
Now I'm savoring for a gng mid drive motor kit. 350W 36V(Overvolted to 48v). And somehow get it to fit the oval hole under the seat.

The cheapest upgrade is the rear Shock. Get a mini moto and around 800lbs of strength. If not the rear swingarm is going to bend and bend your rear disc brake rotor.

sp4c3 said:
the xelletion motobike is made in taiwan based on hyper motobike or xgames motobike frame ! the same bike is actually on sale in wallmart for about 480 usd! is cool because is equiped with acid batteries! heavy but cheap!

thats the link

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Motobike-Boys-36-Volt-Electric-Bike/23149110?wmlspartner=Pm7Oz9TIF6Y&sourceid=06153720931644377582&sourceid=0100000012230215302434&affillinktype=15&veh=aff

Hi!
Just got the HYPER MOTOBIKE FROM WALMART $399 free ship!
Went for 1 mile quick test. I LIKE IT!

label on motor says MAXIMUM OUTPUT POWER 500 WATTS. another tag says 15. what is that ? 15 amps?
has 3 SLA's 10ah 36 volts.
fuse is 40 amps.
spokes are .115" thick vs. .083" on my next bike.
rims and motor are aluminum! that is a surprise at this low price.
first mod will be a new seat. I'm going to try to adapt the comfy seat from a tripod hunting stool! Anyone ever do that?
then makita limn Konion cells.
matt

Matt Gruber said:
label on motor says MAXIMUM OUTPUT POWER 500 WATTS. another tag says 15. what is that ? 15 amps?
has 3 wimpy SLA's 7ah 36 volts.
fuse is 40 amps.
spokes are .115" thick vs. .083" on my next bike.
rims and motor are aluminum! that is a surprise at this low price.
first mod will be a new seat. I'm going to try to adapt the comfy seat from a tripod hunting stool! Anyone ever do that?
then makita limn Konion cells.
matt

Wait, what? I was going to re-upholstery my seat with plushy pleather, maybe rattlesnake or horse.

But if it's this then it would look meaner.http://www.deepeeka.com/hunting/documents/ae0987Tripod_with_plates.jpg

You would have to draw it out and share it.

AFTER I finish my A+ and CCNA training and earn more money I might dabble on my bike more. But know I'm taking it apart and storing it indoors. Maybe I'll sell the controllers on eBay later.

Lyskar-that link shows a small tripod. I searched for the largest one i could find, for maximum comfort.

did a mock up to see if i could still pedal it despite the huge tripod seat. YES it looks like it will work.Was worried my leg or foot would catch, but they clear fine. So i'm going ahead and building the seat frame. The back of the frame flares out to 20" wide in the rear :shock: So it will have plenty of room inside for sla's or my up to 80 cell LiMn Konion pack. maybe even room for a package or 2. The seat cushion will lift off (1/2" pins) for easy access to the battery pack. Frame will be wood, not using the supplied tripod, just the cushion.
the 36v brushless motor is rated 500w , controller rated 9a continuous, 18a max. pedals are aluminum.

1st test of seat, not the mock up anymore. VERY comfy! No reason to use a standard bike seat with e-power. I guess those small seats are mainly to be aerodynamic and super light.
.But they weren't looking for a handy place to put up to 200 18650 cells, and now i have lots of room under/behind, and this is bike with a rear suspension, was not easy to do, but well worth the effort! Took about 20 hours to adapt the tripod seat to my ebike. The 6 ounce cushion lifts off for easy access to the battery, and to hang grocery bags on the 2 rear posts.
Happy New Year!

half hour ride today!
made some notes with my ammeter hooked up
18a max
4-6 amps level cruise, any wind or tiny grade, 7.5-8a
slow 2.6-3.5a
driveway crawl 1.3a.
even using the supplied sla's, it rides very nice, could handle more speed, but i'm not in a hurry.
Will need to improve the throttle, was annoying to hold part way, but was okay full.
SEAT COMFY!
when i leaned it against the garage, i noticed those heavy sla's. Konion makita tool packs coming someday.

Fixed the throttle! 1st i wasted an hour trying to adapt my scooter throttle :roll: I'm trying to keep things simple, and one had 5 wires, the other only 4. So i went with a lever instead. (inspired by motorcycle throttle)
i took an 8" piece of 3/8" aluminum tubing and bent it into a V . Clamped it to the twist grip with a hose clamp. NOW my PALM controls the throttle, and since the end of the V is 3" out, it is easy to modulate! NO MORE SQUEEZING AND TURNING! Just rest the palm of my hand on the lever, fingers on the grip. I was so excited i was out riding on the COLDEST day!

1389195340915.4.jpg1389195245812.2.jpg1389195311747.3.jpg
pics of my modified bike. View 1st pic last (throttle)

Attachments

• 1389195245812.2_1_50.jpg
    1389195245812.2_1_50.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4,056
this bike qualifies for VIP parking at the shopping center!
i park a few feet from the door at the bank and grocery store.
sign says
NO SKATEBOARDS MOPEDS OR SCOOTERS ALLOWED ON SIDEWALK
Nothing about bikes!
:twisted:

Back