MC DONALDS drive thru REFUSE electricbike but accept scootr

Doctorbass

100 GW
That is so stupid!!! :evil:

I just comeback from a Mc donald restaurant in Quebec with 24h a drive thru and something really frustrated me!!!

The guy from the drive thru did not wanted to serve me because i have not a car!!!!!

The story:

It was around 1:15 am and i came back from a long ride in Quebec downtown. When i arrived at the Mc Donald on Wilfrid Hamel Boulevard i goes to the drive thru entrance to ask what i want. all was ok but after few second,

he said : "we are sorry we only serve people with car..."

I said: "What??... why???... i never had problem with that here.. so please explain me why first!!!!!"

he said: "WE can not serve prople with bike"

I said: Well.. that's an electric bike sir.. so what difference it make for you????

he said .. "that'S it... i'm sorry.."

Me: RRRRRrrrr!!!!!!!!!

ok.. so i decided to go and to meet him at the exit of the drive thru to talk directly with him because i just can't believe this little kid would invent some rules just to borther me!!

When i arrived , i asked him again to see what is his "logical reason"... :roll:

He said : "that's a drive thru... and you dont have a stering wheel ... "

I said: "WHAT!!!??.. so i needd a sterring wheel to be able to get some burger??? is that you are saying???"

He said: "yes that's it...."

I just had not been able to believe that!!!.. that's so stupid!!

So i came back to my house a bit frustrated by this stupid guy...

I decided to get my burgers anyway so i took my car and returned to that place. (it's at 2.6km from my house...)

Guess what!!! :shock:

When i arrived to the drive thru with my car.. guess what?!! It has two scooters that was asking for burger combo to him just in front of my car!!!!!! :evil:

WTF??!!!!

When i arrived to pick up my trio, i asked to talk to him (he was the senior of the staff tonight)

When he arrived, i asked him NOW, CAN YOU EXPLAIN ME WHY DO YOU ACCEPT SCOOTERS AND NOT BIKE????

He reconized me and had a bit of hesitation seeing me again 10 minutes later! :twisted:

This stupid guy said me that i have not a motor (he did'nt see it)... so now, the second reason is that he think i have no motor...

huh???

first .. because no stering wheel...

second... because no motor!!????

I said.. " Are you kidding me ?? hey man.. I HAD A MOTOR!!!! THAT'S AN ELECTRIC BIKE!!" NOW Please stop playing with my nerves!!! and please give me my burgers since I'M NOW BURNING GAS FOR YOU AND TO BE ABLE TO RECEIVE MY BURGERS!!

I can ensure you all guys that tomorrow morning, i'll send a complaint to Mc Donald Canada explaining that rediculous situation about this guy: Marc Antoine Boulay that work at Mc donald no 04676 refused to serve me for stupid reasons and that he invented rules to support his lie !!..... also that he refused to give me his employe number.

He served two mans with scooters but refused to serve me for the reason that i was on a bike!!!

it's not just Mc Donald's. Many drive through services routinely refuse service to bicycles, with or without motors.
Mostly they cite liability issues. They're afraid that because you're not displaying liscene plates you're not insured and they could get sued, or some such merde.
Last time I went to McDonald's it was after hours with drive through only service.
Except this store also has bike racks and a bank style walk-up window with a secure pass through slot.
I ate the burgers and drank my beer on the patio wtihout any hassle ~02:30 Saturday morning.

You should keep away from mcdonalds and as a result you will be more healthy. :mrgreen:
Less burgers you eat, less Ah you will need for the same speed. :mrgreen:
And your cells would be able to withstand more cycles. :wink:

Best regards

McDonald's sucks to begin with. I prefer Taco Bell if I'm feeling cheap, or Carl's Jr. if I'm up for some burgers. Otherwise, I'll just go to a proper restaurant. Buffets, FTW!

Doc,
May I suggest that the next time you go to that purveyor of Rain-Forest Destroying Junk Food you take:
A car steering wheel obtained from your local scrappo
A starter motor from said scrappo
And a camcorder to record the encounter
Tell him you've got a steering wheel and a motor and ask what is the excuse this time :twisted: :lol:
Even if the video doesn't get him the sack when you send it to headquarters, it should give us a few laughs when you post it here! :lol:
Good luck, Doc.
And remember, the less burgers you eat the healthier you will be!

paultrafalgar said:
A car steering wheel obtained from your local scrappo

I was going to suggest strapping one to the handlebars with duct tape, in case he tries to pull some, Well, you have to be able to steer with it, crap.. :p

I'd just go to BurgerKing! But better yet, stay away from the burger joints and get some tofu!
otherDoc

Zoot Katz said:
Mostly they cite liability issues.

I ate the burgers and drank my beer on the patio wtihout any hassle ~02:30 Saturday morning.

WTF?? They claim liability issues but they serve beer thu a DRIVE thru???? That is frikkin hilarious.

When I was in high school I used to work the graveyard shift at a fast food restaurant, that policy started while I was working there, and that was about 18 yrs ago (good lord, has it really been that long??? That was before Link was born :oops: :lol: ) They said the reason for the policy was the rash of robberies that were happening late at night at drive thrus and an employee actually got killed during one. The problem was that if they came up on foot, or on a bicycle, it made it very hard to track them down afterwards. A lot of times they would park a vehicle just out of camera's view and then walk up and rob the place, then run to the get a way vehicle. The drive thrus have cameras that capture each vehicle's license plate for security. I think it is total bulls!t that the guy made up false reasons for not serving you, but I don't think that is a new policy he made up. He just didn't explain it very well. I do think you should contact headquaters and report that. Completely ridiculous that he cited "no steering wheel". They have to serve motorycles, so anything that they cite has to allow for that.

I'd ride the bike right into the restaraunt next time. Here in my town a local TV station has a reporter who's job it is to embarrass the hell out of idiot buisnesses. They love to run stories like yours. Maybe you can get a camera crew and reporter with you for a return visit?

Meh... forget Micky-Dees.

BK has excellent veggie burgers. Occassionally, they give me a tough one (overzapped), but 95% are great.

BK onion-rings suck, fries are fine.

BK oreo-shakes are yummy, but will make you fat very fast... mega calories.

The King is freaky, but many BKs have free WiFi; compared to McD, which charges $$.

No meat = Sweet (feed yer GF asparagus for a week.)

8)

I can't knock mickeyd's myself. I spent so many years doing nothing but build em I called myself a Mc Struction worker. The funny roofs were real fun to frame, right up there with gazebos for funny cuts. Anyway you can't take a piss within 200 miles of El Paso without doing it in a McDonalds I built. Food is lame but they usually keep the pissers clean.

Jay64 said:
Zoot Katz said:
Mostly they cite liability issues.

WTF?? They claim liability issues but they serve beer thu a DRIVE thru???? That is frikkin hilarious.

No, it was my beer, in a brown bag, left over from a night's riding around.

TylerDurden said:
BK oreo-shakes are yummy, but will make you fat very fast... mega calories.

The King is freaky, but many BKs have free WiFi; compared to McD, which charges $$.

Oreo shakes FTW. Though Carls Jr.'s orange cream ones are a close second.

And when did BK get WiFi? Around the time they ditched the jalepeno poppers, probably. Traitors. :x

U guys all know WAY too much about "fast food"! And yes, Asparaguses rule!
otherDoc

Hi Doc

Yes had the same thing happen to me as well a few years ago, I cant not think of a single reason not to serve people on bikes? but like the others said another good reason not to go in there, the movie supersize me pretty much put me off all fast food esp theirs, but as I like to get up the nose of big earth polluting corporations like McDonald's it would be worth going back with a video camera, waiting or getting someone with a scooter to go through the drive through, then you try again.

I prefer the drive past anyway :lol:

Knoxie

Its probably because of the punk kids that ride bmx bikes that might make false orders and then run away. So bicycles in general wouldn't be allowed. Or homeless dudes on bicycles.

All you guys have totally reason.. I should and WILL stop going to Mc shit and will think more about SIPERSIZE BATTERY like you know me :wink: instead of SUPERSIZE ME !!!!

I only go to Mc shit on ti me a month generally... but i like to go to any drive thru like Tim Horton, DQ or any others for fun and talk with people and ask their INFINITE questions about my electric bike... :twisted:

Doc

Refuse can also be a noun:
"refuse, refused, refuses, refusing- WordWeb dictionary definition
Noun: refuse refyoos. Food that is discarded (as from a kitchen) - garbage, food
waste, scraps. Derived forms: refused, refuses, refusing. See also: refusal ...
http://www.wordwebonline.com"

So why not just drop the last four words in the title of this thread, Doc? :twisted: :lol:

Yeah, it is best to avoid fast food, but sometimes, it seems to be a necessity, ie time of night, lack of time for a real meal etc. I occasionally run into them myself, but I have no problem boycotting the ones that pull stuff like that.

Yeah, I'm kind of a junkie. I'll have fast food several times a week. Though my mom is a total health nut (semi-vegetarian and everything), so I eat well at home, at least.

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in well over a year, though. Or BK.

hey I'd eat a macdonalds if they only other option was starving to death. but then I'd just be eating myself to death. ever seen "super size me?"

they have always been strict at drive throughs so what is all the fuss about

Back