Amazing Patent 2,5kg 1000watt e-bike conversion kit !

alek

10 µW
Amazing Patent from the Company ELECTRIC POWER BIKES !
A 1000watt e-bike conversion kit that weighs only 2,5kg !!!
See the video at: http://www.epb.gr/index.php?route=product/product&path=39&product_id=81
index.php
[pre][/pre]

I am tipping a patent on that drive will be an unlikely event considering its a blatant copy of my drive developed and documented in detail right here on ES more the 2 years ago.

If a concept is documented on the Internet, it is open slather to be copied. Fair enough. However it annoys the hell of me when people steal an idea and try to it make their own by claiming a pâtént on someone else's concept. :evil: :roll:

Don't believe me? You be the judge http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20776

Kepler, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery... :lol: :lol: :lol: you should be very, very flattered they want to patent your idea! :roll:

-JD

oatnet said:
Kepler, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery... :lol: :lol: :lol: you should be very, very flattered they want to patent your idea! :roll:

-JD
Copy yes, I don't mind anyone copying anything I do and I even give full details graciously.
Trying to patent as their own the work of someone else is another story.

Lol. I knew this was going to start happening with friction drives soon.

Yeah, I agree 100%. Nothing original there AT ALL! Cracks me up. Friction drive on a bike has been around over 100 years. Now people are putting them in pretty little packages and thinking they are doing something oh so original.

Btw, I want commission from every friction drive sold since my drive pre-dates all of them. Wait, that's right, FRICTION DRIVE IS OVER 100 YEARS OLD!

I'm guessing the op has something to do with this drive... Ya think?

Why bother with the patent application in the first place? If friction drive is truly useful then the 60 years old Velo Solex would still be very popular today.

SamTexas said:
Why bother with the patent application in the first place? If friction drive is truly useful then the 60 years old Velo Solex would still be very popular today.

That's kinda like saying if cars were useful the model t would still be popular today. Friction drive is useful and I think that's been proven on here.

But that kind of opinion just proves my point about people having the wrong idea about friction drive. I personally wouldn't want to risk my money on a commercial friction drive project for that exact reason.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to sell a kit with lipo to a "normal" consumer either. Nuts...

Frigtion drive is since 1905.

This is a great conversion kit for somebody who doesn't want the extra weight on his bike!

alek said:

This is a great conversion kit for somebody who doesn't want the extra weight on his bike!

Yup, long time. Kinda makes you wonder why someone feels the need to patent it now.

This post is so spam. Why would someone join a forum and post this as their first topic?

EVTodd said:
alek said:

Yup, long time. Kinda makes you wonder why someone feels the need to patent it now.

This post is so spam. Why would someone join a forum and post this as their first topic?

Because he tried it and liked it

alek said:

Uh huh... I'm sure. Did you pay the over $1000 price for it too (assuming I converted it right)? :roll:

Lets see, it comes with a $70 motor (max). A $16 hobby king charger, a hobby king battery that's probably around $50. I'm sure the other $800 is for the super secret "patented" mount.

Ok, I gotta stop replying to crap like this. I'm just helping to promote it. lol :lol:

EVTodd said:
alek said:

Uh huh... I'm sure. Did you pay the over $1000 price for it too (assuming I converted it right)? :roll:

Lets see, it comes with a $70 motor (max). A $16 hobby king charger, a hobby king battery that's probably around $50. I'm sure the other $800 is for the super secret "patented" mount.

Ok, I gotta stop replying to crap like this. I'm just helping to promote it. lol :lol:
Yes you are right.
The other $800 is for the super secret "patented" mount.

Yes you are right.
The other $800 is for the super secret "patented" mount.
Obvious shill accounts like this clown need to be banned. :mrgreen:

Kepler said:
I am tipping a patent on that drive will be an unlikely event considering its a blatant copy of my drive developed and documented in detail right here on ES more the 2 years ago.

If a concept is documented on the Internet, it is open slather to be copied. Fair enough. However it annoys the hell of me when people steal an idea and try to it make their own by claiming a pâtént on someone else's concept. :evil: :roll:

Don't believe me? You be the judge http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20776

Awesome unit Kepler!!
Congratulations on making it on the show too! Great idea with the modular design and form factor...apparently a little too great
Did you ever go any further with the design?

i have seen TWO people copy my wood bike design.. they just made single speed,no motor....parallel frames.. it is easy to make but very strong and stable... one has even made a kit for sale ..good luck to him :mrgreen:

I say good luck to copying it too. Its out there for all to see. Just don't pretend that it is something new and original. Claiming a patent on something that isn't actually patented is actually a risky thing to do. Firstly it completely excludes you from ever lodging a real patent on the device or any part thereof and it also leaves you wide open for litigation. Lodging a patent is serious business. Been there and understand the process. Quickly figured out that trying to apply a patent on this type of device would be waste of time and money. Sharing the idea by documenting it publicly is a far more effective way of protecting the idea IMO.

Kepler said:
I say good luck to copying it too. Its out there for all to see. Just don't pretend that it is something new and original. Claiming a patent on something that isn't actually patented is actually a risky thing to do. Firstly it completely excludes you from ever lodging a real patent on the device or any part thereof and it also leaves you wide open for litigation. Lodging a patent is serious business. Been there and understand the process. Quickly figured out that trying to apply a patent on this type of device would be waste of time and money. Sharing the idea by documenting it publicly is a far more effective way of protecting the idea IMO.

+1

Patents are to feed the non-producer harm-causer parasites (lawyers).

Myself, and a number of other friends have switched to making an effort to avoid supporting/purchasing anything that says "patented" on it. To me, it's the same as putting a sign on your product that says, "Im a part of the problem!".

I get a laugh about this "amazing patent" Bull Hockey. :lol: :lol:
A patent isn't amazing, and neither is a copyright, or a trademark.
This machinery has already been developed. It is NOT patent machinery. It's NOT NEW.
Your machine has been made already by people on the E-S forum.

So how about telling ES how your product is 'amazing'.

ps: After re-reading your posts, it seems you didn't make this at all. You have only taken a ride on it. Right?

HAROX said:
I get a laugh about this "amazing patent" Bull Hockey. :lol: :lol:
A patent isn't amazing, and neither is a copyright, or a trademark.
This machinery has already been developed. It is NOT patent machinery. It's NOT NEW.
Your machine has been made already by people on the E-S forum.

So how about telling ES how your product is 'amazing'.

ps: After re-reading your posts, it seems you didn't make this at all. You have only taken a ride on it. Right?
Right.
I have taken a ride on it and it was great, reached over 40 km/h speed. :D could not afford to buy it

Back