The Duch Electric Bike sold in the UK

tesco

100 µW
Looks lika a nice bike
http://www.sparta.nl/uk/sparta-ION-EBike.asp

Very elegant...

one note however:

"ION Range Extender
The Range Extender, a separate battery for the Sparta ION, has been developed specially for long distances. This is housed unobtrusively in a stout, modern bag that can be attached to the luggage rack. The bag also has room for other items. The bag can also be locked to the luggage rack.

The Range Extender allows the rider to increase its functions with 70%. The Range Extender costs € 399 and can be used on any ION bike. The ION’s software is continually updated using (for example) the ‘service’ function; just like with a car, this tells you when the bike is due to go to the dealer for maintenance. The Range Extender can be used with any ION that is equipped with the right software. "

Looks like they will only allow their extra batteries. :roll:

I had a quick go on one of them. Really nice bike with a high price to match, something over £1000. Its a direct drive hub motor. The battery is 24v 10ah nimh and sits in the frame.

Totally unlike any other electric bike I've ridden. Completley silent, no throttle, the pedelec system is so smooth it didn't feel electric in any way. It just felt like I was a really strong cyclist. very nice looking aswell. not really a bike for speedfreaks though, I don't think it goes very fast.

Back