r3volved's LR Norco @72v

r3volved

100 kW
I came home to a roommate who actually got up to answer the door for post today!
xmZVI2Pl.jpg

I'll start this off with the unboxing...
As you can see, everything has been packed and labelled nicely and zero damage accrued during shipment.
DCuEFPPl.jpg

hNlCc0Ql.jpg

Everything came wrapped up individually with layers of bubble wrap separating each little package.
...after unpacking, I don't even know how you fit everything in one box!! That must have taken some engineering of its own...
gtXih5ll.jpg

dL7Tqtvl.jpg

I received the kit with controller and throttle included. Throttle is a full twist and seems 1000x nicer than the original gng full twist. Controller is setup with a CA3 port.

I've started piecing together the main motor and brackets.
So far, there have been some very slight figment issues arising from the coat of paint on the brackets, but so far nothing that's caused serious problems.

As a current gng1.1 user, this is like the ebike version of the movie 'Twins' with gng being Danny DiVito and the LR kit being Arnold Schwarzenegger. Everything is bigger, everything is beefier, everything is (unfortunately) heavier, everything is (so far) as expected!

I'll follow up with the kit build and battery unboxing when the time comes...it's paid and in build process right now.

The bike is an older Norco VPS.
xINbrnvl.jpg

I'm looking to either fit or fabricate a moto-style seat...advice and tips are greatly appreciated.
aZRGQ4dl.jpg

So excited to move forward with this build!
Many thanks to Mike for all his efforts towards the community! Hopefully I can build this up into something he can be proud of :)

It's strange to see a package that I wrapped here in the shop now being posted to the internet from Ontario, Canada. Pretty amazing.

I had a couple of my first kits that I shipped out get damaged in transit. I ordered some special double walled cardboard crate boxes from Uline that can really take a beating without breaking down. Zero damage since. I also don't scrimp on the bubble wrap and styro peanuts.

I'm looking forward to your build. If it's anywhere near as meticulous as your documentation of your unwrapping of the kit, it's going to be educational- even for me.

Great fun to see the build threads popping up. I've been living for this day! :D

"I'm looking to either fit or fabricate a moto-style seat...advice and tips are greatly appreciated. "

REALLY NICE SEAT MOCKUP! :D I love it

What im looking to do on my V2100 is fabricate a moto seat with MDF board, memory foam, some type of leather or covering material (or buy a moto seat off ebay). And then for the seat post and seat post mount, use a 1" threaded pipe with a flange on the end something like this mounted to the bottom of the MDF seat with bolts/screws.

c9f94e9ac5dca5ae81762ad4e4fdb707.png

Im not too worried about the wood breaking, but it might weigh about 5lbs or so...
It would seem pretty sturdy since MDF board is hard as a brick, im excited to see how well mine will work when I build my seat.

As a current gng1.1 user, this is like the ebike version of the movie 'Twins' with gng being Danny DiVito and the LR kit being Arnold Schwarzenegger. Everything is bigger, everything is beefier, everything is (unfortunately) heavier, everything is (so far) as expected!

How heavy are all the parts in total i.e how much weight does it add to the bike ? how much heavier then the GNG kit you are takeing off ?

Yeah its easy to just make things thicker to make them stronger, but it's hard to make things stronger and also lighter .Which is important on a bike if you want it to be more a bike and less a motorbike.

I'm not sure how much more it weighs but I've dis-and-reassembled my gng so many times that I can tell there's a significant weight difference with the brackets, jack shaft and BB.

For moto seat, I was thinking fiberglass pan...not sure if staples would work or if I could just use glue to apholster. I don't think I'll work on a seat until the battery is attached...the seat may have to fit around the bat.

Here is the kit initially fitted together
xdXkWGX.jpg

KTyygrg.jpg

2X8mnrP.jpg

Items you will need to get to this point:
- 4mm hex bit
- 5mm hex bit
- 8mm hex bit, socket, and wrench
- 10mm wrench
- No.2 Phillips bit

Nice project, love the bike. Maybe a pit bike seat would fit? They are cheap and easy find, should save you some time and money :)

Subscribed

Battery shipment arrived today after a 24hr customs delay. Omg it's glorious!
About half the size and weight of my 48v15ah 26650 pack!

Packaging was excellent. Customs opened it and still very little indication of tampering. The only critique I have is that the small packs have their labels over top of the pack#.
AnhXjy1l.jpg

3jsbYyul.jpg

n2YCgNwl.jpg

Top left: BMS
Bottom: charger
Large packs: 6s6p
Small packs: 4s6p
4E1GzE4.jpg

So far, 100% satisfied! I would recommend to anyone and I would buy from ex-battery.com again without hesitation.

Slight update...
Finally collected all my bits, freed up some space and started some assembly. Everything is pretty well setup except the batteries.

Motor is mounted and just need to find he right size hose clamps for the downtube. Started battery brackets. Controller will mount to battery trays below down tube. CA3 running it all.

Sorry for the dark image...I finally got some basement space back to work in.
3u3fSAzl.jpg

So far, so good
Battery trays are mounted and batteries fit and snugged.
Got the controller mounted to the bottom of the trays.
lzRUF3K.jpg

Just need to trim motor wires and mount BMS for trial running.
I'd like to bend up a cover for protection from the elements and make a new seat at some point, but so close to driving now :D

It's alive!!!
I had to tweak the hall combos a bit, here's my findings:

Motor:Controller
b:b - g:g - y:y = n
B:b - g:y - y:g = n
B:g - g:b - y:y = Works
B:g - g:y - y:b = n
B:y - g:g - y:b = Works backwards
B:y - g:b - y:g = n

Awesome! Did you try it yet? You must be pumped. Another 30miles today, I, m sore. Pedalled alot, and harder than I should have, for just starting. Your bike will love the trails, I can, t wait to be soundly beaten by it. Never said that before.

Ya, I've been playing on it all afternoon trying to tweak the ca settings. So far so good... I've just thrown a shitty old chain on the largest front chainring and just using my derailleur to hold it on the best chain line sprocket. Only single speeded and it gets to 50kph...quickly.
Definitely going to need to invest a bit in chain and rearend.

Back