Are 24 x 3 tires disappearing?

Blueshift

100 W
I dont know where to go to get a 24x 3 tire. I have an electra ghostrider. Are these tires not being made anymore? Any suggestions? Since the bike is electric, I think i wear out the tred a bit quicker.

There are some on this page:

http://www.choppersus.com/store/category/3/16/Tires/

Seems like there's always a number of slick options available on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=24+x+3.0&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X24+x+3.0+tir.TRS0&_nkw=24+x+3.0+tire&ghostText=&_sacat=0

J&B Importers (a widely popular bicycle wholesale distributor) has lots of 24 x 3" street treaded and flame treaded tires in stock. That size has never been particularly common, but it looks to be as commonly available as ever.

My favourite 24 X 3.0 tires are the Duros: Wildlife Leopard for dirt, and the Berm Master for street. I convinced a local dealer to keep them in stock, so I don't need to order them on line anymore. 8)

24 is not a problem with many options still. It in the 26 that 3.0 tires are f****** hard to find. I often help friends with one of my spare 24, but the 26 X 3.0 are more precious than my GF. :wink:

Ch00paKabrA said:
The Berm Masters will be my next tire since it looks like it would be good for both on and off road.
It is a very light, thin tire compared to the wildlife leopard. Good on dirt? Only on nice hard pack trails.

It's worth noting that the chopper style tires made by Innova are just atrociously horrible compared to those made by Kenda. The Kenda Kraze, which is also sold under the Sunlite brand by J&B Importers, is the best of the 24 x 3" street tires I've come across. The 3G Hoggy-G is more like 2.7" actual width despite being labeled 24 x 3.45". It's a good tire in the category and a nice quiet slick.

MadRhino said:
Ch00paKabrA said:
The Berm Masters will be my next tire since it looks like it would be good for both on and off road.
It is a very light, thin tire compared to the wildlife leopard. Good on dirt? Only on nice hard pack trails.

Thanks for the info. When I take the ebike off road, it is generally on the easier hard packed trails around here. It's good to know.

One other tire That I think I forgot to mention is the Electra FAtti-O 24 x 3.00 and it can be bought at any electra dealer and also in their online store. This is the tire I am running now. the side wall is flimsy but there is a thick smooth tread. Electra also sells 24 x 3.00 tubes which are just as thick as motorcycle tubes and are great. My LBS sold me a 24 x 2.75 and said it would stretch, which it did but you can't really run it at lower pressures because doesn't fully fill up the tire until it reaches almost 20 psi. It was also very thin.

The Electra tubes are hugely better IMHO

Heaps on classic cycles.de

Postage is good and you don't pay VAT.

Theres also some nice options on chain reaction half an inch narrower. Still ride well on a wide rim. Hookworms and holy rollers.

I am looking at building up some 24" x 3" wheels, seems to be a reasonable number of tires still around in that size.

Not sure what rims to use, I have to go 32H that's the only limit.

Can anyone suggest some appropriate rims?

MadRhino said:
For street, a 3.0 tire likes 57 to 67 mm wide rims. See Classic-cycles

A 57mm 24’’ 32h street rim
https://classic-cycle.com/all/238/alu-rim-24-inch-57mm-32-holes-black-matte?c=414

For dirt, or mixed terrain, 37 to 50mm wide selected in VTT, or DH racing rims.

A 37mm 24’’ 32h DH rim
https://www.ebay.com/itm/24-inch-32...794523?hash=item1ceba8d49b:g:YHcAAOSwF8RepMmo
The DH rims looks good, that reseller doesn't do international shipping. I am in Australia. Do you know anyone else that sells them?

MadRhino said:
Lots of DH riders in Aus. Should be easy to find a good DH rim near you. Else you can order from Classic cycle, if their shipping cost to Aus is not prohibitive.

https://classic-cycle.com/all/2829/alu-rim-24-inch-46mm-32-holes-black-matte-2nd.-choice?c=414

Thanks,
I ordered a pair of rims from Classic Cycle, it was 48euros shipping, which is a lot, but I am struggling to get wide rims in Australia. Lots of fat bike rims here, but little in between. eg, the Australian Alexrims distributor only brings in up to 23mm they don't even have the MD40 in their catalog, yet many Plus bikes and eBikes sold here come with MD40 rims.

I am in Australia and I cannot find any 24 x 3 bike tyres for my Electra dose anybody know of any?

Rider1985 said:
I am in Australia and I cannot find any 24 x 3 bike tyres for my Electra dose anybody know of any?

you can get Kenda Flame 24x3.0, I like them but the sidewalls cant take heavy regen like 1400 watts, theyre pretty cheap if you just want to buy another tire every 1000kms, no regen theyre really good I run 26x3.0 flame on front and 24x3.0 rear, then I got Mongoose 24x2.8/3.0 from amazon, good sidewall but noisy on the road.

if you can get east-gem to return an email they have 2- Denzel 24x3.0 with 2 tubes for $50? but they wont get back to me.

just google east-gem denzel tire

Back