Half Speed Problem on the MXUS 4506 V2, 18FET Lyen 84V 15Ah

markz

100 TW
I got everything hooked up just right. So I hope. No noises coming from the brushless direct drive mxus 4506 v2 motor. Conneceted up and extended some proper hall connectors (4mm bullets to some thicker guage wire ~14-16awg) to the Lyen 18fet controller. Soldered it all, electrical tape it too. Soldered in my Phase wires to stock motor phase wires. All brake cleaned :shock:

Triple checked my batteries, 82V 15Ah Lipo Turnigy hardcases. On the CA it states I am at like 80V or 81V now. I orignally charged the cells up to 4.15V, ~83V total.
Slapped on the old stock Torque Arm (Im trying to do things right now) I actually had to take a drill bit to it to shave off an extra 2 or 3mm for it to fit. That took an hour easy. Dull drill bits -or- tool grade metal on an elcheapo department store ebike.

Slapped on the Cycle Analyst 3DP so I can see some numbers.

Took it for a short spin, going a measly 20 to 25km/h depending on hill, tops 25A for hills. Cruising flats at 5A and 20-25kmh.
The direct drive motor is so silent; which I absolutely love! No more eyeballs, or the scared twitch of pedestrains as I come up behind people.

I am 325lbs, the bike is lets say 35lbs, round it up 375lbs all in.

Took me hours to hook it up so the motor spins properly, in the right direction, no noises, no clunks.

Ebikes.ca motor simulator states I should be rocking out at 52km/h on the flats.
At 25km/h I should be at 40A and increasing speed & amps etc. I am not even close.

I think for now I am done with the bike, I am happy to keep it safe at 25km/h......but I really wanna go 52km/h.

What could be wrong, I triple check and then triple checked everything again. I just cant think a set of phase/hall wire combo's are enough to set the thing at half speed. Could be, kinda makes sense, who knows.
Do you think its a controller issue?

What am I doing wrong here. I changed nothing on the controller, I dont even know how to change stuff in it yet, I got the cables.

You should be going much faster than 25km/h I've had 2 18 fet controllers from lyen
Some thing is not right did you get the ttl - usb wire to reprogram the controller?
Sorry i could not be oh much help someone useful should be around to help you out soon

Bro, I took the CA connection off in front of the bar. For securinty reasons, didnt want no bright lights calling the crack heads in. Always had it in sight.
Left the CA off when I rode home. Throttled it up, towards home. Been doing well over 25km/h. No changes at all to the setup. Had the wind in my hair. Funny thing is, I had a thin front brake to stop me. I played it cool like I knew what I was doing!

Now if I only knew what my speed and amps were outta my $170 CA. I was feeling well over 25, probably doing 45 or 50km/h. Very interesting I must add.

I never clued in to connected back up the CA. I will leave the batteries be and repeat the same story as per usual again tomorrow. However I had the batteries sit at 4.15V for 12 hrs, and who knows how much now for another 12 hrs, I would say 4.10-4.15V. I thought I read ~80V when I hopped off the thing tonight. I was really impressed by the speed, I mean I thought I was F'd in some way having half speed. When all I did was disconnect the CA and Im cruising at rated speeds.

I think there might be a few factors, of my un-intelligent ebike mind.
Hall wires go from like 18 or 20awg to 12-16awg, whatever stock is, Lyen to motor. I tried to make a solid connection via solder. Fixes a few problems.
It increases resistances. Only problems it solves is guarunteed connectivitity rather then my usual electrical tape friction deal which is at best, "maybe perhaps a "connection":" Thats all my electrical mind could come up with. Perhaps a stray strand of wire contacts another blue/yellow/green wire. Who knows.

If I do not connect up my CA, I can cruise at 50+km/h
If I connect up my CA, I only cruise at 25km/h

Whats the issue here?

True, True....but is that normal?

I mean really I am going leave it is as of now (disconnected) and do a ride down hill and back up, @ 2% or 2.5% grade and see.
I know exactly how my cheap a$$ geared unit does. I will get back to you in a little bit.

Im kicking it now.

Go into the CA settings and make sure max speed is set to 99km/h
And make sure max amps are set to something like 65 - 80 amps
Have a good read of the cycle analyst manual it can do lots of good stuff

True true, its a CA issue.
Ran outta juice, going uphill to home, many thoughts running through my head.

True true, like a true man I never read no manual.

Once you get it all up and running let me know how the heat is on yours. Mine is running 100v at 75amps on a Lyen 18FET which pushes me to 35 mph or 56 kph.

Tom

Forgot to add this is on a 17" Shinko trials tire and speed setting at 120%.

Back