Need input on buying a MeanWell SE 200 series

markz

100 TW
Alright I am about to pull the trigger on a purchase. I originally was going to buy one, but I think to save on shipping I will buy 2.
Shipping is not that much anyway, only $20, thats if I buy one or two.

My pack is a 67V 15Ah pack, rc lipo turnigy 4S 5Ah Hardcase.

I can buy a MeanWell SE 200 36V 5.9A enclosed, 32-40Vdc output - which I can set to 33.2V for half my pack.
http://www.meanwell.com/search/se-200/default.htm

Oh its Constant Current Limiting.
I was trying to find out if its isolated or not, only thing was this statement, Isolation Resistance - /P-O/P, I/P-FG, O/P-FG:100M Ohms/500VDC / 25 / 70% RH

Is this a good solid purchase, or am I just jumping the gun as usual?

edit: Yeah, oh, I dont know about connecting them together in series, was thinking of disconnecting the middle connector of the battery pack and charging each half of the battery that way. But, yeah, if I can series them and all pound out the entire pack on one charge. I read a bit on that, thats why I mentioned the isolation, still no clue on the CC deal yet.

For bulk chargin.

I have been bulk charging with Meanwells for years.
Real Meanwell are very reliable, nothing like the Chinese clones.
I am using them in series, 2 X 48 to charge 24s RC Lipo

I suggest bigger ones. RC lipo can be charged fast, and I find safer to charge fast because I am not tempted to leave them charging without constant monitoring. I have a pair of RSP 48 -1500 and a pair of PSP 48 -1000, to charge at home and at work. I also have 2 smaller ones to power IMAX 208B RC chargers, SE 24 600. All of them have years of reliable service.

I purchased them used on ebay, sometimes you can find them very cheap.

Back