Agni 111rdr

Maniaccts

10 mW
Hi, long time stalker first time posting. I just had a few questions? I started out my ebike hobby with the mongoose cx450 which i got for free. I upgraded the sprocket, fixed the throttle and replaced the SLAs with the recycled 18650 laptop batteries. Got about 30mph and could ride around for hours. This was fun for a little while but I need more. So recently found the Agni motors and decided i wanted to go this route. Then I found winzEracer's posting of his Agni 111rdr and 700amp kelly controller for $1800 and couldn't resist. Now I have this awesome motor and dont know what to do with it. I would like to put it on the mongoose frame? Also stuck on what batteries it needs for full potential? I am looking to try and hit 65-75 mph. Any suggestions?

The 111RDR makes 60RPM/V, and can safely run at 6000RPM max - so something close to a 100V battery pack is required to hit full power. You'd certainly reach 75mph on a mongoose frame - though traction/wheelies would be a problem in something that light!

Well thats awesome. I was looking at the a123 22650 cells. I believe they are 3.3v nominal 2.4ah. If i hooked up say 30s5p. And ran it 150amps continually it would get me about 4 minutes of useable power at best correct? Also has anybody tried using a step up electric converter? Trying to figure a way to get at least a half hour of use at 100v 150a cont. With peak amp of 600 with out spending a few grand.

Forget any kind of voltage converter. 100V @ 150A (15kW) continuously for an hour simply requires a >15 kWh battery, which is very large, heavy and expensive.

I think you may be over-estimating your power requirements. 15kW will likely propel a bicycle beyond 70mph and that power accelerating at low speeds would make an average bicycle a wheelie-machine. 100V @ 600A (60kW) has a fair chance of folding the frame in half just from the chain tension.

According to Justins simulator, 10kW would get you 70MPH - so a 5kW/h pack to do it for half an hour.
And, 600A would melt your brushes in 3 seconds, continuous current is more like 220A.

My advice, is if you want to use this much power and travel at these speeds - then convert a motorcycle not a push bike!

Ok, I thought this motor might be to much for a regular ebike. Just saw the price and thought i wouldn't find this good of a deal again. So I guess i will be shopping for a donor bike shortly. So I am clear voltage is directly related to rpm = speed and amp = torque. This may be a dumb question but where can i find justins simulator?

Yes, volts for speed and amps for torque. Simulator is here: http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html

Simulator won't work for Agni motors ;)
But yes - 60RPM per volt, 400A max, 220A continuous. Max temp at brushholder sensor 100C.

What us everyones go to batteries? And which motorcycle are preferred for converting? Would a older moped be ok or would i be better off going with a motorcycle?

Batteries - depends how well you understand the risks - but assuming you need a small light pack, Lipoly is probably best/easiest/cheapest.
Bike - lightweight and with easy battery storage space, and with an easy clean driveline to fit motor/chain/large sprockets.

Back