MTBR is covering E-Bikes/ Telling Why

Ozzzz

100 W
http://reviews.mtbr.com/mtbr-is-covering-e-bikes-and-heres-why#comment-1909831

Ozzzz said:
http://reviews.mtbr.com/mtbr-is-covering-e-bikes-and-heres-why#comment-1909831
LOL @ the comments. Damn Luddites. ;)

As part of my side-job and also my personal interests, I check the developments at MTBR occasionally. They have a lot of ads. Not from kits, but from turn-key factory ebikes.

The forum started as an enthusiast chat-room. Now, the owners make profit from the ads. Does that fact affect their decisions about how to run the site? Maybe yes, maybe no. They are allowing ebike chat, but...."only 250W PAS mountain bikes"...just like the ads they have been running. No kits. Especially 1200W-3000W kits. Coincidence?

.....We will not review or report on any electric two wheeler that puts out more than a maximum average of 250 watts or utilizes a hand operated throttle. If it can be powered without pedaling, it’s not a bike, and it won’t be featured here. That’s our promise.
Shall we start a book on how long they hold to that twisted logic ??

Hillhater said:
.....We will not review or report on any electric two wheeler that puts out more than a maximum average of 250 watts or utilizes a hand operated throttle. If it can be powered without pedaling, it’s not a bike, and it won’t be featured here. That’s our promise.

I spend a heap of time over on MTBR. I have two usernames, with one I am a mountain biker and only comment on pedalers. The other Im open about my ebike lifestyle choices :lol:
They haven't figured out im both people yet regardless of the arguments ive had with myself. they aren't a bright group, mostly fan boys not engineers, in fact you can make all kinds of claims and none of them know how to debunk them.

Hillhater said:

Slippery slope, foot in the door etc. In a another year they will be up to 350w and a year after that 500w, at least they will if their advertisers begin to sell such machines. I have had business dealings with the "enthusiast press" and they are all whores. Want some editorial content? Buy some advertising. Not complaining, mind you, as long as one knows how to grease the wheels of commerce, money can be made.....

Sean, that's a scream; agree they aren't very erudite, especially the haters.

Sean9002 said:
Hillhater said:

I spend a heap of time over on MTBR. I have two usernames, with one I am a mountain biker and only comment on pedalers. The other Im open about my ebike lifestyle choices :lol:
They haven't figured out im both people yet regardless of the arguments ive had with myself. they aren't a bright group, mostly fan boys not engineers, in fact you can make all kinds of claims and none of them know how to debunk them.

Troll level: genius!

New term - closet ebiker: One that pretends outwardly to be a pedaler, but deep down, longs to twist the throttle. :D

Back