Can this be fixed? Falco 500W stripped axle threads

lameduck

10 mW
Hey all, before I send this motor back to the seller whom I bought it from (Item was sold as being in perfect working condition) I wanted to find out if it is fixable. The shaft/bolt of the Falco hub is badly stripped (See attached images). What are your guys thoughts, is this fixable? I know you can re-thread, but it looks to be stripped down pretty far...

IMG_6066.JPG.jpg
IMG_6067.JPG.jpg

I do not know about falco motors or the company.
A replacement axle is usually a job for a local machinist and would not be cheap.

If you want to avoid replacing the axle, whihc is usually a fairly major undertaking for the typical hubmotor, you could instead simply have it rethreaded to a slightly smaller diameter, then use a new nut that fits teh new thread / axle size.

If you have any experience at using tap-and-die sets, you might be able to do this on your own. If not, it'll cost a lot less to have someone do that than it would to have them replace the axle (especially if they ahve to make it first).

A question, though: What caused the problem itself?

I actually don't know what caused the problem. I purcahased this system used online as the description said "1 yr old, great working condition!" It was not until I received it that I saw the description was not accurate :-(. I have already arranged to return it for a full refund. I really wanted a Falco as I have read good things about them...but I guess if the price is too good to be true, then you probably should not buy a used motor :)

The person who sold you that knew full well it was unusable..

I'd go for the refund.

Back