Personal Vendettas

Status
Not open for further replies.

2old

100 kW
An interesting thread on a product that might advance ebike technology (Xiongda motor) has been locked because an individual seems to have a vendetta with a member of the forum. There should be some methodology to prevent ruining threads.

Why is someone aloud to have this for there signature

Justin why do you allow this. You need to start pulling this forum into line.

I have contributed to this forum and its disappointing to see it go like this.

Buy stuff from ebikes.ca to support this awesome forum-- without their good nature this forum would have turned into ad-riddled garbage several years ago. Avoid LunaCycle.com/electricbike.com unless you like supporting bullies who steal from this collaborative public forum, sell poorly built batteries, lie about battery specs and blame the user when the system they designed fails to live up to advertised specs.
eTrike
100 kW
100 kW

Yep, it’s a dirty shame self-appointed “sheriff” stalks and bashes a vendor without ever providing viable PROOF.

I’m just about “done” here, big whoop, LOL...

Happy 2017 y'all.

Life has been keeping me busy lately so i'm a bit out of the loop on daily forum rif-raff... sorry everyone.

Bottom line here, everyone needs to cheer the f up.. 8) .. let things go and move forward in life. .. working on those threads, just a lot of drama to read thru and it feels like eating a thumb tack sandwitch, but working on it.. hang tight.

Maybe it being locked is a bonus to the poster greenmachine, so he can cool off?

Between him and vector's postings here I'm not sure which looks worse to me.
The shame is I'm sure they're both good people, but have a very percievable level of intellectual dishonesty relating to their business/practice to me. The kind of stuff that's easy to avoid if you're a little more honest with yourself and then watch what you say and how you say it.
For record and fwiw, I see no problem with eTrike's sig. It's his opinion based in personal experience and we're all entitled to that. The only issue is how we handle other's opinions - whether we try to learn/improve from them or call to ban them. . :|

Btw, I noticed your 'quotable quotes' thread is also locked Ypedal, with no accompanying explanation?
Happy year end, and spread cheer about the good things!

I noticed your 'quotable quotes' thread is also locked Ypedal, with no accompanying explanation?

I locked that, due to a flurry of "off topic" posts. Point to something that is quotable in the flagged posts, and I will ask the moderation board if that quote should be allowed.

The aspect which is most objectionable to me is making the same comments no matter the subject of the thread, then extrapolating to another product. We need to ban that type of hypocrisy.

I locked that, due to a flurry of "off topic" posts. Point to something that is quotable in the flagged posts, and I will ask the moderation board if that quote should be allowed.

Thankyou, no biggie. But what 'flagged posts'? My quote idea wasn't from either of these two threads, or quotable quotes. It was just a comment about "twenty eight year olds" :cry: . It really is probably better this way. It was an off-color cringe comment lol.

I have the MOST respect for vendors that just do their thing without feeling the need to talk trash - even in defense for a perceived wrong.
There is a young ebike manufacturer near me that exemplifies this. They make great "consumer" ebikes at very competitive prices, and their advertising is well done, and professional. They have been recognized by numerous mainstream media outlets for their products. I won't name them because I don't want to make them a target, nor do I want to come across as a shill. But these guys are the type of company we should all hope to have in this industry.

The topic has been discussed lately by the moderator crew and we're not going to let it slide. We're all just busy with other things and takes a while to get to it.

The rules state:
3. Posts, topics, reply, or profiles which go beyond simple expression of opinion and edge toward unfounded accusations will be removed. Repeated problems with a user will result in account termination. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't take it too far.

DON'T post abusive, inflammatory, or threatening messages

DON'T post messages for the sole purpose of attacking a person or company or just to start an argument

Clearly there have been some violations of these.

You know, i've tore apart hi power bicycles' products many years ago without owning them, just from reading spec sheets and figuring out that the seller was lying about them. Basically i was making the same kinds of posts as eTrike.

Nobody called for my ban back then. No moderator pulled me aside.. but our users were made of tougher stuff then.

Is it not okay to criticize vendors these days? what about what eric did, offered the $1000 to dox eTrike?

The thread was a mess but it's interesting that you only see one type of behavior as a bannable offense.

neptronix said:
The thread was a mess but it's interesting that you only see one type of behavior as a bannable offense.

We have a set of rules and expect everybody to go by them. No exceptions. If anyone sees a violation, they are encouraged to report it.

This shitstorm just hit at a time when everybody is busy with life and it will take a while to sort out.

spinningmagnets said:
I wrote about this motor in positive terms two and a half years ago. Anyone...ANYONE...could have imported them to North America, and if you buy 100 units, you can have any mods you like. At a minimum, Eric has added a temp sensor and a color-display control panel that auto-shuts down the motor if it gets hot.

Paul added a temp sensor and thinner laminations to the MAC motor and was heralded as a visionary (I posted that it was a good thing), does anyone here appreciate Eric making this motor more available, or the fact he improved it (and will likely improve it further)?

June, 2014
https://www.electricbike.com/2-speed-e-matic-xiongda/

Figured I'd reply here, simply because we were kinda already on this topic. And I have little interest in the other thread, and I don't think this vendor stuff is within Ypedal's recommendation/guidance there.

My earlier post here is applicable to your query SM - I simply don't like how the guy conducts himself here. I also value others' critical reviews. Nothing against Eric personally at all. I'd (fwiw) just suggest starting by using a filter on what is said and how it's said, regarding products/business. It's not been highly professional or 'adult' imo over the last few issues I've witnessed. The one with (VS) Em3 especially turned me off.

Ypedal; thanks for the perspective; instead of getting fired up, just stop reading posts from the offending individuals which commenced with your statement.

So I guess we're getting some proof of concept for the title. It was just meant that personal vendettas were to be discussed, not engaged in.

I have noticed there have been several threads where someone talks about a problem and is attacked with some seriously firey rhetoric. That's often what turns the op so fierce.

eTrike said:
Earlier he posted a bounty of $1000 for my info. Am I to take these threats lightly?

Greenmachine is about a mm away from getting banned. I must have missed the $1000 thing, but any kind of threats are not appropriate on this forum.

Troll, to me, means to post inflammatory or IRRELEVANT material; there is no connotation of truth or falsification. There should be a limit to how many times a subject can be injected and it should be germane to the thread.

Nelson37 said:
I'm going to offer my opinion on what IMO are several important issues raised by the thread in question.

1. There is a line somewhere between a vendor describing or informing about his product, in an informational or news thread, and a vendor pushing his company and product for sales, which IMO belongs in a sales thread. There is some grey area here but when money gets involved, it changes things. IMO Eric has jumped over that line with both feet and cleared the edge by some considerable distance.

2. I have respect for Ron, spinningmagnets, and have benefited in the past from his insight and expertise. However, he has a business arrangement with Luna and this is not made clear, IMO that should be in his sig line, as I have seen others do. An uninformed reader might assume his comments are from a disinterested third party, and in this case, he is not. I am not saying he is a paid shill, but first, there is definitely a conflict of interest, and second, he sure sounds like one. I would also add that he should not be the one who closed the battery thread by user broke nor should he have had a vote on that closure.

3. IMO Eric should not be banned, that would curtail open discussion and I am strongly of the opinion that open discussion is a good thing. All should be brought into the light, not allowed to hide statements, threads, or comments.

The above issues fall under "your house, your rules" and simply represent my opinion.

4. Eric and others have referred to "trolls", note the "S", as in plural, as in more than one. Etrike has been specifically identified, by name, as one of "them". I believe that I, personally, am to a high degree of certainty one of those being so labeled. I have a strong dislike for trolls, they deliberately put out bad data and I despise bad data. I will not tolerate being called a troll. Nasty harsh prick with a bad attitude and very rude I'll take that, because it is often accurate. "Someone who deliberately puts out false information" is just not going to fly with me.

This is not a matter of mere offense. Analytics and courses of action are chosen based on information given, someone who has needed data, but thinks they are talking to a BS artist, might be less likely to give full and accurate info. The identification of BS artists, liars, and trolls is important as is the knowledge of those who are not.

I am going to respond in the other thread and I am not going to be very warm or fuzzy. I will make an effort to abide by forum rules but I will put out some accurate information, along with some thoughts and opinions.

On items 1, 2 and 3 I agree completely!

Internet reviewers and writers who accept product for testing that is never returned or actual cash money have an obligation to wear a large sign stating that fact so that all of their input can be judged accordingly. It is simply old fashioned honesty and to pretend that things are different because this is the Internet changes nothing except the ability to get away with it.

It does not matter how large or how small the "assistance" may be, basic ethics requires that paid reviewers have to state that fact constantly, so there is no doubt in anyone's mind that favoritism may be shown. Again this is nothing new.......

FWIW, I thought that everyone knew that all of these folks with the slick personal websites or those who pop up everywhere with reviews and advice on multiple forums were all big ol' Ho's? Nobody thought they were altruists did they?

And what does one expect from an importer/entrepreneur who's business model consists of cutting every corner to save money in order that product can be sold for as small a margin and as large a volume as possible so that he can crush his competition: Marquis of Queensbury rules? This is the real world and out there it's a dog eat dog world where weak businesses get eaten by the strong everyday. If one company is in violation of some rule and their competitors call the relevant authorities on them, well that's their own damn fault for being in violation. If another company lowers prices to a level others cannot match forcing long established business under, well, that's the way the system is SUPPOSED to work! Either way the consumer comes out ahead......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back