Cycle Analyst for Dummies?

kiltedcelt

100 W
So, I'm about ready to admit defeat here. I bought a Mac motor kit and battery from em3ev a few months back - whole thing is supposed to be controlled by a V3 Cycle Analyst. I got the kit near the end of last year and have only been able to finally get around to finishing up all the wiring and fitting everything together just a couple weeks ago. Long story short, I'm really wishing I'd bought something with a far more simplistic display. As it was explained to me, using the CA is the best way to get both a throttle controlled setup along with PAS. I can hardly figure out how to set this damn thing up. I have a 12 magnet PAS sensor (that two-piece disc thing that is supposed to go around a square taper bottom bracket - modified it to work with my external bearing BB), a three-position switch, intended to be programmed to give three levels of PAS (say, "Eco," "Normal," "Turbo"), a single e-brake cutoff switch for the front brake (this is one of the new Grin Tripwire cutoff switches - pretty slick by the way), and the kit is designed to work with a speed sensor on the front wheel. I've been reading through the teklektik ES CA V3 user guide and trying like hell to understand how to set the damn thing up. I'm just at a loss here. A lot of it just reads like gibberish to me, and honestly I'm beginning to realize that I'm probably not the market segment for the CA. I like the idea of how programmable and adaptable it is, but honestly the documentation/guide just seems like it assumes a lot of prior knowledge about programming e-bikes. I'm frustrated enough at this point that if I could send the motor and CA back to em3ev I'd almost do it if I could just find something easier to set up. Right now I feel like a real idiot. I must've read through the teklektik guide a dozen times now and I barely makes any more sense now than the first time. Just wish there was some kind of "Dummies" guide that walked you through setup in plain English.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85749&p=1264769&hilit=em3ev+moon#p1264769

Thanks for the replies folks. I did some more searching, specifically on YouTube and came across a most helpful video regarding setting up the PAS and configuring the AUX potentiometer. Helped a LOT. I was able to fire up the bike and take it out for a ride. I think now I have a better understanding of some of the ways the CA works and that along with the programming cable I ordered will allow me to figure out some various tweaks and thus learn my way around the system.

Back