Anyone tried the new "Juiced Bikes Ocean Current" cruiser?

leelorr

100 W
Just watched the review of this new reasonably priced "Ocean Current" cruiser from Juiced bikes on "Electric Bike Review".
It looks like fun "around town" bike and has a real Torque sensor and Cadence sensor for only $1299 with free shipping.
https://shop.juicedbikes.com/collections/e-bikes/products/2017-oceancurrent

I was ready to pull the trigger on one to ride around town, which would also allow me to slowly build a true off road hot rod bike, but two things concern me:

1. The battery is a completely different shape/design than other "Shark or Dolphin" battery choices, so I can not easily share batteries between other bikes.
2. The included battery is only a 13S3P battery with low capacity (2600ma) cells, so it only has a 8.8AH capacity, and the upgrade batteries are very expensive for what they are. The 14S4p, 13.5AH battery is a $599 upgrade. An upgrade to 10.4AH is $299.

What do you guys think? The Juiced Bikes founder said in the "Electric Bike Review" that the bike comes adjusted to max out at 720 watts, (maybe partly to keep from hurting the 3p standard battery). I asked a question on their chat line about whether I could adjust things like the torque sensor and Toro (the company founder) sent me email just a few minutes later saying that he would send or sell (not sure which) me a programming cable and give me programming software if I wanted (wow!).

EBR review: https://electricbikereview.com/juiced-bikes/oceancurrent/

Anyone tried one of these yet, or have an opinion?

Juiced, in general has a reputation for a good product. This one looks like another.

Battery would be limited to that bike, but hacking it to be able to run another always possible. Just a matter of coming up with the way to connect to the terminals on the battery itself, then a cruder way to carry it, like a saddle bag.

750w limit is keeping it legal to ride in many states. It also helps keep the smaller battery from squealing like a pig when you goose it.

Adjust the pedal sensor, likely you won't need to. but adjusting it won't make it pull 1000w.

If you want a mini motorcycle, you have to buy a bigger motor, and much bigger, much stronger battery. Mine does 33 mph easy, pulls 2000w. FWIW, 30 mph e bike is legal in my state, if you have a drivers license. So I keep it under 30 mph when I see a cop.

Back