is this site legit? recycles-ebike.com

scrachdat

1 mW
Has anyone used or heard of recycles-ebike.com, they have some pretty nice prices, however I am a bit worried about the quality of the packs as they have listed here: http://recycles-ebike.com/home/262-...ric-bike-battery-with-bag-and-4a-charger.html

the cell is listed as LG 3400Mah, but I can't seem to find any info about an LG 3400Mah anywhere which makes me a bit suspicious.

it isn't listed which particular cell it is either.

there is also the bms which is limited to 30A continuous and 100A peak however it does say that the BMS is customizable?

it seems too good to be true...

if not can anyone recommend a good battery that is capable of atleast 70 - 80 A peak and 50A continuous.

FYI: I will be using it to power a luna special edition mid drive 3000W and kelly kbsx72121, that is affixed to an electric enduro bike frame from em3ev

Mini cyclone: https://electricbike.com/forum/foru...-luna-special-edition-deluxe-mini-cyclone-kit
Enduro ebike frame: https://em3ev.com/shop/eeb-full-suspension-ebike-frame/?currency=USD
kelly controller: https://lunacycle.com/kelly-controller-48-52v-120amp-kbs48121x/

So they list the manufacturer but not the brand.
Dont even bother!

Buy a suitable battery from Luna, em3ev, ebikes.ca, osn power, unit pack power.

The proprietor used to post on ES frequently, but seems to have been largely absent lately. Also, they state that for the Tongsheng mid-drive, the unit is drop shipped from China, but don't know whether they do the same with batteries. Anyway, I'm avoiding them too.

scrachdat said:
Has anyone used or heard of recycles-ebike.com
A "few" posts on the forum about them:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=*recycles*+*ebike*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
I'm sure there's more, but that's my 30-second contribution. ;)

markz said:
So they list the manufacturer but not the brand.
Dont even bother!

Buy a suitable battery from Luna, em3ev, ebikes.ca, osn power, unit pack power.

Our batteries are mostly Unit Pack Power, but we get them from a few different suppliers depending. Same deal as with everyone else who isn't making them personally...

But I understand a healthy dose of skepticism!

The website needs updating, but is legit and I provide US support.

I'm pretty good about answering emails with questions, such as those that are raised here ;)

Sorry but your answer to the ops question leaves a lot of uncertainty. Do hope you do well as i support american based e- bike business. Best of luck.

slacker said:
Sorry but your answer to the ops question leaves a lot of uncertainty. Do hope you do well as i support american based e- bike business. Best of luck.

Thanks for the support and good point. I was focused on inspecting personal emails following this, and finding out why I'm getting hit so hard on these posts ;) haha usually the answer isn't far from home. I'll try to better my communication skills for one!

Do note, I try to throw the full disclosure blanket on a sale whenever interested parties are negotiating a custom sale. For example, if the OP was placing an order for the battery in question, it comes stock with LG F1L cells, which are good enough for the 30a continuous it comes with stock (the 100a peak is the peak customized output, that is not clear, stock Chinese ads need to be edited)... However, if OP wants the 50-80amp continuous output, I would have to check on the price, because the BMS is changing, and then the cells as well, to a cell that can handle the additional output. Then we would probably negotiate the details, because high output 3400mah cells are expensive, so we might go for more cells, more paralell of a slightly lower capacity type, for a little added size and weight, and a lot of saved money... Or maybe they just wants the best lightest most powerful, and we splurge... It's just whatever the situation calls for.. once anybody discusses custom things are bound to change anyway...

But yeah the short answer, is LG F1L, stock, but customize-able... Yes we are legit, and I've went through a lot of bad battery sources to find the good ones! Recycles-Ebike is manufacturer/direct with USA support... I'm trying to bridge that gap. Batteries come a little slower, like 3 weeks, maybe a tad quicker, but the motors and parts usually come within a week. DHL can be just a few days.

But, if an order was just placed for the battery as is, it would come stock as stated, and not 100a peak, the 30a bms has like 45-50a peak I believe. To be clear...

I noticed a couple of threads go up questioning recycles, and I was curious as to what prompted his. Other than that you have me running things (which isn't helping, har har) the website is clearly in need of some cleaning up, but in spread pretty thin and I will soon be replacing all the ads with one ad for each battery sure etc, and then you choose the cells, etc... So everyone is sure.

Constructive criticism welcome, mess me up good, ES, I know it's coming ;) hahaha

eyebyesickle said:
Constructive criticism welcome, mess me up good, ES, I know it's coming ;) hahaha

are you a distributor for Denzel / Eastgem ebikes?? if not then i don't think they would appreciate your using their bike pictures on your website for click bait / advertising..

reference: eco-ebike.com (4/2/18)
ecocycleshome_300x.jpg

Yes, I work with Denzel/East Gem... As a short search here on ES may reveal as well...

Never hurts to do a quick search which might answer your own question...

Is there an expecting the worst atmosphere around here? :oops: haha c'mon...

eyebyesickle said:
Yes, I work with Denzel/East Gem... As a short search here on ES may reveal as well...

Never hurts to do a quick search which might answer your own question...

Is there an expecting the worst atmosphere around here? :oops: haha c'mon...

that's cool, its good to see denzel getting usa distribution.. a while back there was a different website using denzel pictures as advertising but at that time when contacted about it denzel said that they did not have any usa distributor.. so I guess that has changed.. I look forward to seeing denzel products listed and available from your site to reduce shipping costs, delivery time, product support for possible warranty issues, etc.. keep up the good work:) ..

For those kind of continuous amps ( 50 ) You are going to need ...

) A custom made pack.

) There are many different cells that would work,
the only consideration is that some cells have higher c rates than others.

So with a 52 volt pack. ( Why are you only going with 52 volts ? because of the controller ? there are other controllers available . )

) You , at least I would , are going to want to have at least a pack with 8 to 10 cells in parallel , or more in parallel if they will fit into that frame.

From what I have read the cells/packs from Unitpacpower are legit and better in quality than the other E-Bay and Aliexpress packs.
( many vendors here in the U.S. get their packs from Unitpacpower and put their name on a sticker and put that sticker on the outside of the pack )

scrachdat said:
Has anyone used or heard of recycles-ebike.com, they have some pretty nice prices

if not can anyone recommend a good battery that is capable of atleast 70 - 80 A peak and 50A continuous.

Enduro ebike frame: https://em3ev.com/shop/eeb-full-suspension-ebike-frame/?currency=USD
kelly controller: https://lunacycle.com/kelly-controller-48-52v-120amp-kbs48121x/

Geez.. LG rates the F1L cell at 0.2C. Which means that an ideal pack size for a continuous 30 amp draw is more like 150AH.
The optimistic 'vaping rating' is 4.8A.
That pack would sag like crazy even on 20A.

There are high capacity cells that are rated for 1-2C out there. No idea why this cell would even be discussed in the ebike realm. :roll:

neptronix said:
Geez.. LG rates the F1L cell at 0.2C. Which means that an ideal pack size for a continuous 30 amp draw is more like 150AH.
The optimistic 'vaping rating' is 4.8A.
That pack would sag like crazy even on 20A.

There are high capacity cells that are rated for 1-2C out there. No idea why this cell would even be discussed in the ebike realm. :roll:

They are rated very low by LG, but in testing them in decent sized packs like stated, with the 30 amp continuous, the results were fine. Cost plays a major factor obviously, for this (probably the most economic of higher capacity cells). Not the top choice, but they are very reasonably priced, and as I said they have been field tested and performed satisfactorily enough to offer under warranty... I understand where you are coming from, but it gets worse than these. If higher discharge is needed, then we use different cells...

I just saw this thread and will comment on my own experience with eyebyesickle.

He built me a custom high power stealth type ebike at a price that NO ONE could match { not even overseas vendors} . This was last year and it was probably 1 of the first complete builds that eyebyesickle had ventured into for his business. Eyebyesickle met the deadline to ship this custom built ebike to me, but unfortunately there was some issues that occurred mainly from shipping { the high power programmable controller somehow got a loose connection during the process of shipping , and the battery that came from overseas had a faulty BMS} .

It took some time to get these after the sale problems, diagnosed and fixed, BUT...eyebyesickle took care of all the problems... and went above and beyond any service you can expect from overseas vendors. For example, the original battery which was quoted to be in my $3000 ebike, was a 60 volt - 20 AH pack....but that pack had a faulty BMS from the overseas vendor. Eyebyesickle paid for me to return the battery to him..AND THEN...he upgraded me to a 72 volt- 26.4 AH battery pack , because he felt bad about the faulty BMS in the original battery.

On the controller that was damaged in the shipping process, eyebyesickle pay-paled me a complete refund for the controller, which allowed me to purchase a LYEN SENSORLESS CONTROLLER..which is now on th ebike and I love it.

Basically, for around $3000 shipped, I ended up with a ebike that has similar performance to a $7000 stealth bomber. My hub motor can handle 5kw+ and eyebyesickle filled it with ferro fluid for even better efficiency. I currently have things programed so my top speed is 45 mph on flat land, with my 210 lb body weight, but I can easily reprogram the controller and get 60mph if I wanted to { which I dont need}

Im not gonna lie, getting these unforeseen problems resolved, was a bit of a pain in the ass, but eyebyesickle fixed the problems and even ended up taking a loss of money, on his own end, just to make sure me/ the customer was satisfied. This was my honest personal experience . Heres the ebike

ebike2.jpg

Whew, that one turned into an ordeal didn't it. I tried to so right by you with the problems, man that was a worst case just about.

Selling those big builds had a big learning curve, between shipping and compentry, I learned that marketing a cheap high power ebike isn't a good Idea lol, can turn into a headache for both parties... nowadays I only really sell full custom builds with Denzel East Gem frames, and their nice easy wiring system. Nowadays I am doing the EcoCyclesLLC for here in the US, and have space at a fulfillment/shipping warehouse, so we are well equipped to build crates and schedule freight as we ship everyday...

You know what we really are doing is trying to push those TSDZ2 mid drive motors... I like them and they are reasonably priced... And also they are just about perfect for ebikes that comply with local/city law... We have the 3 class system here in TN... Like CA does I believe

Recycling old ebikes is a good idea actually. I notice over the years most old ebikes work fine but just need a new battery.

ScooterMan101 said:
For those kind of continuous amps ( 50 ) You are going to need ...

) A custom made pack.

) There are many different cells that would work,
the only consideration is that some cells have higher c rates than others.

So with a 52 volt pack. ( Why are you only going with 52 volts ? because of the controller ? there are other controllers available . )

) You , at least I would , are going to want to have at least a pack with 8 to 10 cells in parallel , or more in parallel if they will fit into that frame.

From what I have read the cells/packs from Unitpacpower are legit and better in quality than the other E-Bay and Aliexpress packs.
( many vendors here in the U.S. get their packs from Unitpacpower and put their name on a sticker and put that sticker on the outside of the pack )

scrachdat said:
Has anyone used or heard of recycles-ebike.com, they have some pretty nice prices

Wow lots of responses, good reading, just to explain my situation a little bit more, I would honestly love to build my own pack but unfortunately I don't have the room,
I was first going to buy a pack from em3ev with 30q cells, which would be expensive for me, but they upgraded to the smart BMS which has a maximum peak current of 60amps.
So I went to Luna cycle and they offer a 28ah pack with peak of 70amps, but they took it off the site a while ago.

Which lead me to look for another source where I found this site re-cyclesebike. Very cheap high capacity batteries with no shipping, just sounded too good to be true which is why I came here to see what people think of them.

And have been in talks for 34ah pack with LG MJ1 cells, and a BMS with continuous current of 80A and peak of 100A but this will be limited via the controller to what I need, I would just rather have too much than too little.

I'm no expert in batteries, so I'm hoping this configuration is safe, and reliable

And for the voltage it's actually the motor that can't handle 72v I asked Luna cycle.

Thanks for everyone's input great community.

Full custom builds seem to be the way many people are going. People went from selling motors and controllers, then sprinkling in other items like torque arms, others went all out, custom building bikes, stamping their logo on cont's and motors. And others just buy semi BSO's and slap a kit on them and call it a day. Its interesting to see the progression of those people. Then there are others that try and sell a reconditioned lithium battery as new.

Yeah. For the price I paid to recycles, I am not aware of any other ebike that could have given the same performance , brand new for what I paid. On ebay, there were some close candidates, which were about $400 more then I paid, but even those were using a 60 volt li-ion battery and top speed of around 40mph and it woulda been dealing with a overseas company directly, not knowing if they would even reply to my emails, if things had went wrong initially. This is the good thing with eyebyesickle. He not only provided support after the sale, but that support was done via the phone until the issues were solved. After several years of building my own ebikes, and always wanting another ebike with better performance, I doubt I will ever have the desire buy another ebike since this current one from recycles can do 60 mph if I want it to , and it has great torque for hills, gives a great ride with fully adjustable front/rear suspension. Its the closest thing to a stealth bomber performance, for only $3000, shipped and completely built, that im aware of.

theloadedquestion said:
Wish they didn't have literally every battery they offer limited to 30A continuous. Wonder why no variety?

Commitment to a single type of BMS maybe? 30A limit might drive away the riff raff who’ll burn down your products and then make it somehow your problem.

Yes this seller is legit. :bigthumb:

I purchased two mid drives from David in 2023, who serviced me very well. I suspect most parts do come from overseas, but delivery times are quite good and better than most.

Legit. I ordered a TSDZ2B kit on Sunday and it was delivered on Thursday. Maybe they have a socal warehouse. Lower price delivered than ebay or alibaba. It's been working great so far.

They have good battery prices and looks like they have a underpowered BMS which helps to save the battery do you guys have a new clean link for him because I can't pick him up very well or see how much their charges are maybe he has a better link thank you

Back