Optibike carbon fiber R15C

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... ESB "Search found 1870 matches: Optibike". Again:

Optibike’s new carbon fiber R15C w/ 3.35 hp and 100-mile range may be the new king of high performance e-bikes:
https://electrek.co/2018/07/03/optibike-new-carbon-fiber-r15c/

optibike-header-2x1.jpg

https://optibike.com/optibike-r15c/

"Removable 52V 29Ah 1500Wh Li-Ion Battery"... :) "Weight 68 Lbs"...

$13,900 :shock: :mrgreen:

Opti keeps innovating. I would love to try riding it... I really like the 5 levels of assist. I'm still waiting for a PAS option, a rear integrated tail light and a 7-8k price point.

^^ Hehe... Yah. $13,900 still the "bleeding edge" of product development. :) Watts missing? Volume production (to lover fixed and overhead costs). :wink:

48415477_10158156664133677_5730063629353484288_n.jpg

Seen on FB:
Two of the first production Optibike R15C full carbon "Super e-bikes" in assembly. Very exciting to have our new carbon fiber high power super e-bike going into production!

MadRhino said:
Not yet on the market, and one generation behind already.

Horny Guy... "one generation behind already"... Sorry?

LockH said:
MadRhino said:

A 20% heavier copy of the (similar priced) Specialized turbo Levo S-Work, wîth lesser features and cheaper wheels.

That is only a comparison with one, out of many bikes that are on the market and well established for a few years.
If we go compare with custom built ebikes, it is ridiculous in terms of power to weight ratio and choice of components.

^^ Gotcha. Tks. :)

[youtube]9ATXHzy3Jkc[/youtube]

MadRhino said:
LockH said:
MadRhino said:

A 20% heavier copy of the (similar priced) Specialized turbo Levo S-Work, wîth lesser features and cheaper wheels.

That is only a comparison with one, out of many bikes that are on the market and well established for a few years.
If we go compare with custom built ebikes, it is ridiculous in terms of power to weight ratio and choice of components.

looks like the optibike is heavier because it has significantly more battery capacity and therefore range than most other production pedal assist mtn bikes.. and its definitely a huge improvement over their previous (rear suspension) design.. also uses a motor concentric with the cranks, different than most others using an offset crank/ motor..

Well, I said 20% heavier considering battery capacity. As sold with 700 w/h battery, the Turbo Levo is 30% lighter, and that is a major difference for pedelec riders who are paying that much for a bike.

Then, about motorization, we all know that BB drives MTB have a pretty busy maintenance schedule. Riders who are buying those top of the line pedelecs are expecting service, and major bike manufacturers have a well established dealership network, able to offer quick and effective service. I doubt that Optibike can do good in that matter, offering worldwide technicians formation and spare parts supply.

MadRhino said:
Well, I said 20% heavier considering battery capacity. As sold with 700 w/h battery, the Turbo Levo is 30% lighter, and that is a major difference for pedelec riders who are paying that much for a bike.

Then, about motorization, we all know that BB drives MTB have a pretty busy maintenance schedule. Riders who are buying those top of the line pedelecs are expecting service, and major bike manufacturers have a well established dealership network, able to offer quick and effective service. I doubt that Optibike can do good in that matter, offering worldwide technicians formation and spare parts supply.

these crank concentric mid drive bikes seem capable of higher power than your typical class 1 or 2 ebikes (~ 3X+ hp).. so better comparison would be with Haibike flyon and Spitzing m1 that also have high power concentric crank drive and high battery capacity.. as for component wear, bike manufacturers are starting to produce heavier duty ebike specific components and this trend will likely continue since ebikes offer a new potential income in an otherwise flat or declining pedal bike market.. and any competent bike shop should be able to service and replace worn non electric parts, chain, sprockets, etc.. optibike is a small company, I think their carbon frames are usa made instead of just another cookie cutter bike made by robots or slaves in asia..

I just bought the Spitzing M 1. The " Standard version" with 160 mm and 150 mm Fox suspension. I was recommended to just upgrade the tires from 2.35 to 2.8 front and 2.6 in the rear. List price went down to $ 6500.00 with discounts at end year its getting really reasonable. No comparisons to standard bikes like Specilaized, Bull, HaIBIKE UNLESS YOU GET THE SAME BIKE WITH ts MOTOR but would have to try to reflash it some how. It only goes 35 MPH which is plently fast Lots lots of torque climbs everything fast. I have asked about the specs on 75 KPH/45MPH but no feed back from the manufacturer.

Hehe^^ "It ONLY goes 35 MPH"... :lol:

PS: :mrgreen:

Back