Boost ebike?

Madserenn

1 µW
Can you help me?
i want to buy a ebike, so heres my question

Is it possible to boost this bike https://www.lithiumcycles.com/products/super-73-z so you can ride about 50-60 mph?
and if you can, what does it take?

thank you

Of course it's possible, though very expensive compared to the bike. It's also a terrible, stupid idea. Why would you want to do that on a bike with small wheels, no suspension, a sit-down riding position, and a frame designed for fashion rather than structural integrity?

That manufacturer makes versions of that bike with speeds up to 27mph. 27mph on that bike is going to feel plenty fast, without turning you into self-delivering pizza when anything at all unexpected happens.

Yikes. Yeah don't go 60mph on that.

There are a fair number of bikes on this forum that will go that fast, if you insist on 60mph I'd look at a few of those to get an idea what you're getting into. Some of them have been on the road for long enough to get a pretty good feel for what's reliable and safe(!?).

As Chalo said, that frame is just not suitable for any kind of high performance, even if you gave it enough power to achieve highway speeds, you'd be (rightfully) terrified long before you got there.

I echo the previous posters, 50-60 mph on that bike is a recipe for becoming an organ donor. I've done 50 mph on my hardtail, and it's too fast. I wouldn't want to go any faster unless I was on a well set up box frame FS bike like a Stealth , Qulbix or something similar.

Wolfeman said:
I echo the previous posters, 50-60 mph on that bike is a recipe for becoming an organ donor. I've done 50 mph on my hardtail, and it's too fast. I wouldn't want to go any faster unless I was on a well set up box frame FS bike like a Stealth , Qulbix or something similar.

Sorry, but those box frames are nowhere near the riding quality and reliability that can be achieved with some DH frames. Their only advantage is their ease to build. Some of them are really a joke, for a serious rider.

The fact is, few bike frames are suitable to build a powerful bike, and even fewer can be built as a good ride without any mods. But, some riders have very low requirements after speed, and are happy to ride fast on crap playing dice with their skin and bones. :wink:

Nice mini bike, but I'd have been crazy to ride 50 mph on one of those gas ones back in 1970. Same problem as then, kind of hard to even stay on the thing if you hit a big bump on it at 30 mph or more. Needs at least a primitive shock, and preferably motorcycle grade or high end MTB suspension to ride that fast on anything but perfect road.

I have run 50 mph on an e bike with no suspension at all, but that was on a baby butt smooth racetrack. Once on a practice run near my house, I did not see a big hump for a manhole cover in time. At 50 mph, I was riding on the front wheel only, back wheel a foot off the ground. That was quite a thrill..

You looking for that kind of thrill? Follow Mad Rhino's advice here I say, he rides hard and fast, and spends the money to have a base bike that can handle motorcycle like speeds, on any terrain.

These days, even used, you are looking at a lot of money just for decent front forks. Cheap stuff, MTB bikes that sell for under 500 bucks, might do for on the street, 40 mph, and moderately hard dirt at 25mph. 40 mph club is actually pretty affordable, but 50 mph club gets pricy fast, just for big motors, big batteries, big controllers. etc. let alone a bike you'd want to ride that fast.

thanks for the answers :D

but what does it take to make it go 50 mph and with decent range
and i know i have to make a lot of mods to make it just a little safe to ride on :p

Madserenn said:
thanks for the answers :D

but what does it take to make it go 50 mph and with decent range
and i know i have to make a lot of mods to make it just a little safe to ride on :p

If you are really determined to do it, do yourself a huge favor. First, get one and ride it the way it is. Take it to the longest, steepest hill you have available and ride it down as fast as you can. Try to understand what 50+ mph is like on that bike, before you waste a huge amount of money for a capability you don't want to use.

Back