20" / Foldable fatbike / Bafang G60 750w / 48v 20ah battery / 48v 22a controller

wowallin

10 µW
Hi all,

I've recently bought a 20" fat bike with following specs:
Bafang G60 750w geared rear hub, 48v 20ah samsung battery and a 48v 22a controller.

With the controller which is 48v*22a= 1056watt, the geared rear hub Bafang G60 750w motor should be able to handle that overvolting, am I right?(The motor will actually run at 1056 watt at the max)

What are your thoughts on these specs in general? Seems like a good setup?

Do you think that this bike can reach up to 28mph(45kph) at full throttle without PAS on flat surface? What's your guess of range at full throttle on this ebike?(If not full throttle, like 19mph/30kph what's your guess of range by then? (I am 220lbs / 100kg)

(I have still not received this ebike since I have ordered it on Alibaba.com and ETA is in about 50-60 days. I will post the top speed and range results in this thread when I receive this bike and check whos got the closest guess!)

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/48V-500W-20-inch-10-4AH_60767724531.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.56b23e5flSclh2

20 inch wheels are probably going to cut down on the top speed but you will have a really nice accelleration with a 1k watt geared hub motor on 20" wheels!

Expect like 35-40 km/h max

Per https://www.bafang-e.com/en/components/component/motor/rm-g060750dc.html , the G60 for a 20" fatbike is probably a 325 rpm motor, which works out to about 22 mph on a 22" diameter wheel. For $600 for the whole bike, I don't think you'll get the kind of battery that is able to sustain 22A for long pulls.

If you really get a 20AH battery, that's 1000WH and you could probably get over 40 miles at 18 mph. Depends on how well the tires roll.

Thanks for your input guys! :bigthumb:

I asked the vendor and they told me that with the specs I ordered they have tested the top speed and they reach max-speed from 38kph to 42kph(24mph to 26mph). Seems like it would fit my needs! :bolt: Lets see if the vendor are right when I receive the ebike :)

The vendor was unsure about which range I should be able to reach though, but their guess was 55km-65km(34-40 miles) at full throttle without PAS.

I will post the real range and speed when I receive the ebike! :flame:

'real range' will change day-to-day. Depends on sooo many things.

Slow down 10mph and you might double your range.... and quadruple your riding time.

How many weetbix you had for breakfast
Did you pump up the tyres
Is it windy
Is it wet
Are you happy or sad
Are you heading east or west
On runway asphalt, or shoulder of streets

Even with a brand new 1000w/h battery, you won't get close to their stated 55km range if you hold it at 38k/ph without peddling (on a round trip, evening out the hills) . Half that maybe??

StuRat said:
'real range' will change day-to-day. Depends on sooo many things.

Slow down 10mph and you might double your range.... and quadruple your riding time.

How many weetbix you had for breakfast
Did you pump up the tyres
Is it windy
Is it wet
Are you happy or sad
Are you heading east or west
On runway asphalt, or shoulder of streets

Even with a brand new 1000w/h battery, you won't get close to their stated 55km range if you hold it at 38k/ph without peddling (on a round trip, evening out the hills) . Half that maybe??

True that!

I'll keep the tire pressure to about 35psi+(2.4+ bar). I am fully aware of the variance of weather conditions, hills, totalt weight and so on. Pretty hard to take a guess on the range according no info on that indeed.

But I'll do my best to increase the efficiency even though it's a fat bike with 4 inches(10cm) wide tires and 20 inch diameter.
Will probably swap the tires to slicks to decrease the rolling resistance to increase range and speed.

My daily commute road to my work is about only flat surface, almost no hills to mention and is about 90% asphalt and 10% gravel.
There almost never any rough wind in my area.

The distance to my work is 20,6km(12,8 miles). Hopefully I will be able to reach the destination to my work at full throttle without PAS atleast? :)

Fatties are great at low pressure to soak up the bumps, I wouldn't pump them up too much. Go tubeless, low pressure, knock a few k's off your speed, pedal a bit.

StuRat said:
Fatties are great at low pressure to soak up the bumps, I wouldn't pump them up too much. Go tubeless, low pressure, knock a few k's off your speed, pedal a bit.

I agree :) Although, I do not wanna increase the risk to have a flat tire if I go with a low pressure. That's why I will ride with a higher pressure to decrease the risks of a flat tire.

Tubeless properly is goodbye to flats
It's a few hour learning curve, you can afford that.

Based on the run I did using the motor simulator, top speed using a 20x4 fat tire and a 52v battery is about 21 mph.

One problem with the G60 motor is that it uses the Z910 connector and that along with the small phase wires limits the amperage you can use.

I considered the G60 until I talked to Justin at Grin Tech and learned about the small phase wires and the Z910 connector....just FYI, Bafang puts the small Z910 connector on all of the G60 motors as of this writing.

I think Bolton sells a Bafang g60 rated for 750W with the big 9 pin connector. Here's a aliexpress vendor with one too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000169793368.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.179d4bb10dS2Kw&algo_pvid=1598f6d0-b6d2-4ccc-9233-de2eec663920&algo_expid=1598f6d0-b6d2-4ccc-9233-de2eec663920-2&btsid=0b0a556016135967948455617e8d06&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Make sure your 20 incher frame can take a full 175mm wide motor before you gout out and buy a motor. I went out and got a bigger motor, laced up a wheel, etc, and my frame was only 165mm. I didn't want to spread it.

I'm topped out around 24 mph on a full charged 48V with a generic (Ecotric) fat bike motor on 20" wheels. Using a bike computer to get a more accurate speed, and I believe it's correct. About 25 mph, maybe 25.5, on a full charged 52V. I normally run it at 36V, not caring about the speed.

Back