First attempt

markz

100 TW
Sketchy frocker asked for 50 cents while looking at the telephone for the time. I was locking the back wheel and charging up. He went in to take a long ass dump or shoot up. I was inside when he walked out, so I followed seconds later, delivery guy said he tried to take it. He was gone, and one of my chargers fell from rear rack, I continued waiting for it to charge. Punk decided to take another dump or shoot up again, so he walked by me from across the gas station, I saw him coming, delivery guys were gone, I thought it was game on, never played but I am always willing too, I wasnt angry, I knew. Nothing came of it. I thought he'd act like he was going in, go out the second door around the corner, come around the building corner a few feet from me. I moved a sign to slow any perps. Hand holding the light end of the U-lock and behind my butt leaning on the way...... ready to play.

Conclusion: Yeah lock it up, even if its just the wheel, but keep a close eye on it. I always have an eye on mine. Would be nice to have a movement alarm under the seat for the gas station situation. I even have a cable lock for the front wheel. Guess he was too cracked out to realize.

Like I said, I am ready and eager to play, too bad I am so tall and everyone frocks off. It has always been that way, except the rare short person midget syndrome drunk frock.

I had also purchased a New York Forgetaboutit Lock from Amazon, was a returned item, got a not bad deal on it. Hope the hanger lasts on it. My last U lock was a Mountain Equipment COOP one, an end cap was off showing white plastic against a black lock. I hang it from the handlebars so it acts as a constant bell.

Would have been cool to have a remote disc lock, have some fun with the drugee. Also I still dont have a chain installed.

Most of the indigent types aren't going to take any hard chance. Deep fear in their hearts. Sad but true because they are really screwed up. If no one is really looking, snatch they will. It is a form of mental illness really. Fear if you are watching. The path of least resistance is what they want.

I don't like locking up where I can't see my baby either. Then again, I once had two motorcycles stolen in one day. Perhaps it made me a bit paranoid, but I understand wanting to keep an eye on one's baby. Too much work and expense to just give it up to some a$$#*!e.

Glad you didn't have to deck him. That would only bring the cops.

:D :bolt:

Back