Can I change PAS speed of sw900 or switch LCD?

wish0

1 µW
I bought this setup on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/222117405994
Its the Voilamart 1000w rear hub motor kit.
The LCD that it comes with is the sw900.

When I try PAS on the lowest setting it goes about 16mph and if I go any higher...well its just to fast to be considered PAS.
Is there a way to go slower, or could I change out the LCD part for something that works right?

I think p11 changes how quickly the motor comes on or the velocity in which it starts.
P11 and p12 govern those things.
Looking around the internet I think this is a common problem, though Augustine didn't say anything about it and his setup sounds to be the same as mine?
The only "solution" I see is limiting the overall speed, which is dumb.
Could I connect a better LCD with better functions?

I got my SW900 with a geared hubmotor kit. It also would go about 16 mph in PAS 1 as soon as it detected cadence. Late last year, I played around with P11 and P12 (set P12 at 0 or 1) and the bike slowed down to about 14 mph, but there was a lag between pedal movement and motor response that seemed like several seconds on my kit. '

I have been spoiled by the far smoother PAS response in a KT "torque simulation" controller. SW900 does not work with them.

What speeds where you getting? I'm pretty unwhelmed with this kit. The last one was a 500w ebikekit with the same battery and I was getting about 25-28mph and this 1000w kit seems to be struggling. Yeah it mayyy get 28ish but it certainly doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. Not a 500w upgrade to me.

My first one was the same Voilamart 1000w rear hub motor kit and I found out with their PAS system, it pretty much has only one speed, full speed! This was confirmed by the seller. So, I bought a Cycle Analyst 3 and it fixed everything. You unfortunately still have to leave the sw900 attached, just to initiate power to the Voilamart controller, but it does work. Working now on my next ride, I'm upgrading to products from Grin Technologies (motor, controller and CA3. The Voilamart was a cheap way to learn if this would work for me, but I want a lot more control. The Voilamart hub motor seems robust and I've put over 1,400 miles on it, but if the rusty spokes are any sign of the quality of materials, I'm glad I'm upgrading.

Cool! Thanks, That's really informative. If I got a cycle analysist, which would be the right one? Foe example on the website there are 3 different versions.

Back