MXUS 3k noname Cover Plates

hias9

1 kW
I am looking for black cover plates for the mxus 3k v3 without anything written on it.
In the EU this motor is cheap (299euro) but all of them have cover plates with 3k turbo written on it.

It's just aluminum, so you could easily sand or file the raised stuff off and repaint the covers.

If there's anything recessed, you could fill it and sand flat, and repaint.

By the way, any idea why the mxus 3k seems to be cheaper and more available in Europe than in North America?

Probably harder to sell; less hotrodders in EU? (therefore more stock laying around unsold, so going rate cheaper to get rid of them?)

I find 299 euro for that motor is not cheap. Just my opinion. How much does it sell in China?

If you buy one motor only, the cheapest in China with shipping included is about 310euro without taxes.
And some only have the M14 axle instead of the M16.
So I think 299euros is a fair deal for a v3 with M16 axle.

I will use statorade and hubsinks for this.
If I feel that it will not be powerful enough, I will go for a QS205, but this would mean about 8lbs more weight and even worse center of gravity.

If you do a search, people have given up a price but on large quantities. But like its been said, MXUS screwed over a few people that brought the motor fame.

I am on the hunt for an axle myself, I have no idea how I bent mine. I also have a broken magnet, and my wheel is not going to last long. Luckily I have a steel 16x1.60 motorcycle rim and spokes ready to go, but it will sit low which is doable, I have the steel to weld onto the frame.

I've been working on my wheel all day now, new halls, tried for a cpl hrs to stuff in larger wires but no can do. The motor really needs a larger axle to stuff 10awg through, cant be that hard to do up if one finds the right steel solid round bar stock.

Is there a reason why you want plain jane covers? I would just grind out any markings and put some bed liner paint on it.

I don‘t want the 3K turbo markings for legal reasons :wink:

Yes, I will just grind them out and paint it.

Just enter „mxus 3k“ in google and it should be the first result (Austrian website)
If it is 399, it is probably already in a rim, but you can also find some for 340-350euros in a rim.

hias9 said:
I don‘t want the 3K turbo markings for legal reasons :wink:

Yes, I will just grind them out and paint it.

Then you are on the hunt for some holographic 250W stickers, or you down with an engraved marking of 250W :lol:
Slap on a VIN# while your at it and a serial # just for shitsngiggles.

8)

Not like man with a badge on street knows anything.

hias9 said:
Just enter „mxus 3k“ in google and it should be the first result (Austrian website)
If it is 399, it is probably already in a rim, but you can also find some for 340-350euros in a rim.

Yes I was talking about motors in rims. I've found two vendors for 299 but that's just the motor.
I was thinking there was a vendor who's selling a 3K in a rim for 299.

Marv1337n said:
hias9 said:

Yes I was talking about motors in rims. I've found two vendors for 299 but that's just the motor.

You do not want to buy motors in the rim, unless you purchase from someone who will lace it into a good rim and good spokes.
www.ebikes.ca
www.em3ev.com
others on this forum have built brand name rims/spokes into motors, that they sold hundreds of.

markz said:
Marv1337n said:
hias9 said:

You do not want to buy motors in the rim, unless you purchase from someone who will lace it into a good rim and good spokes.
www.ebikes.ca
www.em3ev.com
others on this forum have built brand name rims/spokes into motors, that they sold hundreds of.

This vendor from Germany is using a DM 18 rim, although with 12g spokes. Any experience with that?
https://shop.linergy.de/de/mxus-3k-turbo-3000w-hinterradmotor-in-26-felge.html
Getting it laced into a good rim for a reasonable price is pretty hard, both of the vendors you've linked are outside the EU and I won't pay taxes on top of that. All local bike shops in my area don't even bother with wheel builds so I'm stuck with online vendors.

It should not be a big problem for a local bike shop to lace it into a rim, I think.

By the way, I had a MXUS 3k 3T clone here, unfortunately only with M14 axle (was advertised with M16 axle). It had about the same Kv like the original MXUS, but phase to phase resistance was way lower (59mohms instead of 67, both had 4qmm phase wires).
Any ideas which motor this was?

It is not advisable to lace a wheel into 12G, if anything lace into a 13/14 butted style.
The DM18 rims are a good choice.

Look no further then as to why https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/spokes.html does not sell 12G spokes.

markz said:
It is not advisable to lace a wheel into 12G, if anything lace into a 13/14 butted style.
The spoke size depends on the rim used.

If using bicycle class rims, the thinner spokes work better (can be tensioned without damaging the rim).

If using moped or motorcycle rims, thicker spokes can be used as they can be tensioned properly without damaging the rim (whereas using those thicker spokes on the bicycle rims can deform or crack the rim around the nipple hole, and cause the wheel to come untensioned, and begin breaking and falling apart).

I have this Motor it densest say anything about 3000w, Only issues i had was with fitting the brake calipers without hitting the motor.

markz said:
A bicycle rim needs to flex.

Motorcycle rims are different!
Not really, they both work on exactly the same principles. The difference is in the weight and shock loadings on them, tire pressures/masses, etc.

Back