5KW futr Beta upgrade range and power

adamebikerr

100 µW
Hi guys

I currently have a 5kw FUTR beta put together by Hyena. The specs are:

Crystalite 4080 72v
Crystalyte controller
17ah battery (18650 cells i think)

I have had it for a year and a half but want to look into upgrading it.

It will do about 75 to 80km per hour for short periods but can't sustain these speeds for long periods and tends to get hot after a while. What sort of upgrade would allow me to sit on 80kph for say 10 or 15kms?

Would love a bit more range too. I want to try and stay with an 18650 pack as they seem to be safer than lipos and i think get more cycles.

If possible would also love to convert to moped rear wheel and powerful motor.

So what options are people aware of to fit into a beta frame?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I believe it is the motor that gets hot. I have a temp sensor on my cycle analyst which warns me if it goes above 90c. The controller or battery do not feel like they are generating huge heat.

adamebikerr said:
Thanks for your reply. I believe it is the motor that gets hot. I have a temp sensor on my cycle analyst which warns me if it goes above 90c. The controller or battery do not feel like they are generating huge heat.

You can try doing hubsinks and ferro fluid for the motor, or getting a bigger one. Also if your controller has a 3 speed switch and you are running in high speed mode (ie. field weakening) that gives you reduced efficiency.

That's what i'm wondering. What is a good upgrade. Would I notice a big difference going to a qs205? Any other recommendations?

What about this mxus v5?

Also is it pretty much plug and play when changing the motor only or is there reconfiguration required?

adamebikerr said:
That's what i'm wondering. What is a good upgrade. Would I notice a big difference going to a qs205? Any other recommendations?

What about this mxus v5?

Also is it pretty much plug and play when changing the motor only or is there reconfiguration required?

The qs 3kw is stronger than the mxus 3kw(which is really ~2.4kw). It should be fine. It is wider too, 150mm instead of 142 dropout of the mxus.
It is plug and play as long as it fits in width for the dropout, and axle diameter for the torque arm to fit it.
You might need to change the order of the wiring, but that is straightforward.
0fe83776-2fc1-40ea-ae11-3d5c068a521a.png

Thanks again Tommm

I think the beta drop outs are only 135mm. hmmm might not be able to get one of those big motors to fit.

Yeah they are, And a My Mxus 3K still didnt just slide in.

MXUS 3K fits with difficulty if you add 3 spacers at the left but it works well for me for the last two years. The peak power is about 9000W and the range 50km at the boost mode.

View attachment 1

1551986838471668.jpg

icherouveim said:
MXUS 3K fits with difficulty if you add 3 spacers at the left but it works well for me for the last two years. The peak power is about 9000W and the range 50km at the boost mode.

That's awesome. Can i ask exactly what rear wheel you used? Did you buy the motor and wheel all as one?

adamebikerr said:
icherouveim said:

That's awesome. Can i ask exactly what rear wheel you used? Did you buy the motor and wheel all as one?

Yes I've bought MXUS 3K 4T motor laced on a 24" wide rim. I've bought it from Stefan that has a website in Austria and as I know He ships worldwide.
Also he has exactly the same size front wheel to match with the bike.
Actually I ordered the front wheel two days ago to install 24" tyre also at the front.

https://www.ebikeparts.at/catalogue/24-vorderrad-passend-zu-mxus-3k-turbo_136/

Back