Sabvoton 7280 / Need help can't make my motor work

ElskerShadow

10 µW
Hello there,

I have already checked almost every thread on the forum about my issue.
I have tried all I could try the last month to make it work.
So you are kind of my last chance, no pressure haha

So I've started this build 2 month ago.
I bought a sabvoton controller 80A and a motor 3 kw from C & D

I had so much work to do on the bike itself that I didn't tested anything. Now I feel stupid cause I've built the battery and everything but the motor won't spin.

So here's the situation :

Everything is plugged accordingly.
When I plug the throttle I lose all Bluetooth connection, thus can't test the motor .
When unplugging the throttle I still can't configure the motor but I can connect to Bluetooth
When I try to do a hall test motor don't do anything ( not moving no noise.nothing )

I get 30H communication error message
And hall error on the fault page
But the errors are not always showing up, sometime I don't have any error but motor is not spinning .

Any help is appreciated.
I have done all I can do and think of.

ElskerShadow said:
When I plug the throttle I lose all Bluetooth connection, thus can't test the motor .
When unplugging the throttle I still can't configure the motor but I can connect to Bluetooth
That sounds like the throttle is loading down the controller's 5v supply enough to cause internal controller issues.

That could be the throttle itself, or it could be the controller's supply that has a problem.

I would measure the 5v supply, both with and without the throttle connected, and note down teh results here in the thread.

Then I would measure the throttle's signal line, with it connected to the controller, both at zero throttle, and midway turned, and full throttle position, and note the results here in the thread.

These will ensure the power supply and the throttle are working correctly.

ONce we see teh results from that, we can go from there.

BTW, if you have a way to connect to the controller for programming that is not BT, like a USB-serial connection, etc., it would eliminate a few other things--bugs in the BT program or problems in the BT adapter inside the controller, etc.

Thanks for the answer , the help is greatly appreciated :
I have kind of found the issue of the throttle, the delivered throttle had non matching cables with the controller connectors, after soldering them the right way i don't have the error message on the screen anymore but the motor is still not spinning and i still can't find a way to do the friggin hall sensors tests

So here are the values of the throttle ( i have tried with few different ones )

Throttle connected : i have 4,11V
Throttle unconnected : I'm at 0 V
Throttle pressed : 0,7 V all the way down on the throttle, Mid press is at 2,20 V

My main problem now is that i can't manage to do the hall test with the app via bluetooth or with the PC software my PC don't seem to recognise the USB cables. I have tried to install the drivers any time with no succes it always fails. I have windows 10.
The MQCON software is installed tho. any help on this would be greatly appreciated so i can finally ride my bike.
I think i have installed the drivers properly but i can't connect to the software.

So i have managed to connect the controller to the PC, i can connect on the MQCON app but i get error 30H when i plug the usb cable on the controller ( error displayed on the screen )
i see the TX green light. But when i try to do hall test and stuff nothing happens

Back