HELP KT LCD3 error code 3

boeb

10 mW
Hello,

Ive been building an ebike with a 250w NCB rear hub german kit and I got it to work just fine. Ive been riding for a couple of days and then decided to change the settings on the display. I went through all the P and C settings only changing a couple of them and after that the bike was no longer working. The screen displays error 03 info. Occasionally when turning it off and back on the screen seems to work displaying the watts ect but the motor would barely budge. Checked the cables and also put back the default settings but same problem. I dont understand as everything was working perfectly fine before I decided to change the settings. Did the LCD screen just brake?? I dont see how I could have affected the motor or any of the other components.. Help

E-HP said:
Which settings did you change?

I changed the P2 setting from 1 to 6. also the wheel diameter. Could that have damaged the motor? when it didn't work I went back to default settings but still same problem no difference

docw009 said:
Error 3 is "Hall Signal Abnormality". I get it when my 9 pin motor cable is not plugged in tight.

I checked the cables and Im pretty sure that's not the problem..

boeb said:
docw009 said:
Error 3 is "Hall Signal Abnormality". I get it when my 9 pin motor cable is not plugged in tight.

Try setting P1 to 87 and P2 to 0. But first if you can, disconnect the battery for 1 minute, pull the main power supply to the hub apart, make sure they're clean and dry, then click firmly back into place. Start up, then change the above settings, (making sure you've saved them) turn off for 30 seconds. Then back on again and see how things are now. Good luck

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

CreativeSource said:
boeb said:
docw009 said:

Try setting P1 to 87 and P2 to 0. But first if you can, disconnect the battery for 1 minute, pull the main power supply to the hub apart, make sure they're clean and dry, then click firmly back into place. Start up, then change the above settings, (making sure you've saved them) turn off for 30 seconds. Then back on again and see how things are now. Good luck

I have tried it and still no luck I'm afraid:( I should probably also add that the motor doesn't respond any more.. as I mentioned before it would occasionally respond when turning it back on but barely budge..

I really appreciate everyone's help BTW

boeb said:
docw009 said:

check the hall connector again. Unplug it, and check that each wire is seated in the connector. They click into place, so if any are loose, push them in. Do that on both sides, then reconnect and try again.

Also, is the symptom something like you turn the display on and it comes up normal, you twist the throttle and you see a spinning symbol, then the error code? And the motor stays still or just jerks when you twist it? Or, are you using a PAS to activate the motor?

Lastly, did it stop working all together after you rechecked the wires?

E-HP said:
boeb said:
docw009 said:

check the hall connector again. Unplug it, and check that each wire is seated in the connector. They click into place, so if any are loose, push them in. Do that on both sides, then reconnect and try again.

Also, is the symptom something like you turn the display on and it comes up normal, you twist the throttle and you see a spinning symbol, then the error code? And the motor stays still or just jerks when you twist it? Or, are you using a PAS to activate the motor?

Yep it used to display sometimes normally with the spinning symbol and motor jerking using the throttle with the watts going up and down. After turning on and off it would either jerk or display error code. Ive checked cables and now it only displays the error code when using the throttle. Im not sure if that is because of having unplugged but It would still jerk after that sometimes, and now after several attemps iit only displays the error code..
Im am certain the motor cables are connected properly all the way in. I see how you could think its not all the way in but is. Also the connections are built in a way that the pins are aligned correctly which you are probably aware of.
Im thinking that somehow I fried the motor using the wrong P setting, is that possible?
Also when I initially changed the settings it worked the first time but was giving me wrong speed readings. After that the jerking started and now only the error code

boeb said:
E-HP said:
boeb said:
docw009 said:

Yep it used to display sometimes normally with the spinning symbol and motor jerking using the throttle with the watts going up and down. Ive checked cables and now it immediately displays the error code when using the throttle. Im not sure if that is because of having unplugged..
Im am certain the motor cables are connected properly all the way in. I see how you could think its not all the way in but is. Also the connections are built in a way that the pins are aligned correctly which you are probably aware of.
Im thinking that somehow I fried the motor using the wrong P setting, is that possible?
Also when I initially changed the settings it worked the first time but was giving me wrong speed readings. After that the jerking started and now only the error code
I'm pretty certain you haven't fried the motor. Maybe the controller has developed an issue, but unlikely. Please go to C10 and press Yes! I know you've tried this before, but slowly, carefully do this again. Make sure you save this action, then restart. I'm 99% convinced it's not your motor, and only 10% think it's your controller. Hang in there man, we'll get there!

Thanks man
Unfortunately still not working. but at least I am glad that the motor is probably fine
this is very weird

Here is a link to my controller just in case
I did do a light shunt mod but has been working perfectly fine until this display error problem happened

https://www.atmparts.eu/p24_eu/eshop/en/2W/NCB-CTRL-36V

boeb said:
Yep it used to display sometimes normally with the spinning symbol and motor jerking using the throttle with the watts going up and down. After turning on and off it would either jerk or display error code.

when you turn it on, but before the error code or hitting the throttle, push the wheel forward slightly with your hand, then hit the throttle to see if you can get it to jerk. Or, if you're careful, while applying the throttle, push it forward a little to see if it jerks or starts spinning. Be really careful since the wheel can start abruptly.

boeb said:
I did do a light shunt mod but has been working perfectly fine until this display error problem happened

Any chance the cable going into the motor was damaged? Can you provide a pic?

I see the 9 pin motor cable on your controller pic. Yes, it's hard to get that wrong, unless you didn't line up the arrows, got the pins bent, or don't push both parts together til it snaps.

Nonetheless, that's what Error 3 is all about. One time I spliced up a cable and one of the Hall wires broke. Error 3.

E-HP said:
boeb said:

Any chance the cable going into the motor was damaged? Can you provide a pic?

I tried but cant get the motor to jerk, however i sometimes am able to get the little symbol to spin before going to the error code but with no jerking.
I tried to post photos here but they're too big in size apparently. Not sure how to do it
The cable does seem completely fine though

docw009 said:
I see the 9 pin motor cable on your controller pic. Yes, it's hard to get that wrong, unless you didn't line up the arrows, got the pins bent, or don't push both parts together til it snaps.

Nonetheless, that's what Error 3 is all about. One time I spliced up a cable and one of the Hall wires broke. Error 3.

arrows are lined up all the way in almost touching each other, would provide a pic but can't manage..

This problem only started happening after I changed the settings on the screen. It was perfectly fine before, didn't touch anything else, the bike didn't fall or anything like that, and hadn't touched any cables prior

the only way I can manage to share photos

https://www.facebook.com/blatinov1/media_set?set=a.2789938657699933&type=3&uploaded=5

Both motor cable connections and cable coming out of the motor

Can you list all of your P and C settings?

is it a kit like this one; https://www.atmparts.eu/p24_eu/eshop/en/2W/ENC36250-26-RWD

E-HP said:
Can you list all of your P and C settings?

is it a kit like this one; https://www.atmparts.eu/p24_eu/eshop/en/2W/ENC36250-26-RWD

That's the one.

So here are the settings on default mode : P1 87, P2 1, P3 1, P4 0, P5 15, C1 02, C2 0, C3 8, C4 0, C5 10, C6 3, C7 1, C8 0, C9 0, C10 N, C11 0, C12 4, C13 0, C14 2.

I have the impression that maybe it's the lcd screen which is not working, is that possible? Or the controller or motor I guess but I don't see how. Has anyone had a faulty KT LCD3?
How could I diagnose this?

I just realized that the screen is also giving me wrong battery level after fully charging the battery. Used to not do that..

Back